Playback issue. Takes a very long time to load some movies.
Hello, I have a problem with playback, when I try to open some movies/videos I sometimes have to wait up to 5 min before it even starts.

It seems as if 95% (or more) of the vids, make XMBC freeze for about 5 min (can be between 2-5 min) then it starts without any probs.

I am running Windows XP.

I have updated the latest graphics drivers motherboard drivers, cpu drivers, etc.
Still no improvement.

If you have any ideas why this might be, then i'd appreciate it a lot.
The debug log will tell you exactly why. My guess is that you have one or more corrupt files in your folder that it's trying to extract streamdetails/thumbs for. Thus, it waits for the thread before playback commences, which can be quite a while.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Allright, so I started an episode, got that freeze thing, and I took the log from when I started it, (It froze), to when it started.

And here it is.
http://pastebin.com/L3mkK6yW

As I said, it will freeze on almost any video in any folder, doesn't really matter.
Code:
ZipManager: broken file rar://C%3a%5cDocuments%20and%20Settings%5cAdmin%5cApplication%20Data%5cXBMC%5ccache%5cue3e%2epart1%2erar/ue3e.zip

There ya go - notice the timestamps around that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i seem to be having the same problem, thing is i have my movies on a 1TB drive, is there a program i can use that will search out any corrupt movie filesHuh?
Start by reading the posts in the threads you post in. The log will tell you the problematic file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback issue. Takes a very long time to load some movies.0