XBMC - Ember Media Manager - Combining nfo?
Hey all,

Been lost in a sea of XBMC since getting a couple of days to spend looking into it over Christmas. I swear I've lost sleep!

I have just used ember media manager to organise all my movies. Am absolutely delighted. Don't have to rescan when I changed computers, or help friends out with their systems...

I can see the movie poster, the fanart, it's like walking into a video shop!

I have however ran into an issue that may have been dealt with by you guys already, I looked around forum but haven't been able to find anything.

Is there a way to combine the nfo info so that when I right click a movie I can see the movie information based on the nfo that I have downloaded from Ember Media Manager?

Or a way to speed up scanning into a library so that it uses local info?

Thanks, hope you can help!
peeko
peeko Wrote:Hey all,

Been lost in a sea of XBMC since getting a couple of days to spend looking into it over Christmas. I swear I've lost sleep!

I have just used ember media manager to organise all my movies. Am absolutely delighted. Don't have to rescan when I changed computers, or help friends out with their systems...

I can see the movie poster, the fanart, it's like walking into a video shop!

I have however ran into an issue that may have been dealt with by you guys already, I looked around forum but haven't been able to find anything.

Is there a way to combine the nfo info so that when I right click a movie I can see the movie information based on the nfo that I have downloaded from Ember Media Manager?

Or a way to speed up scanning into a library so that it uses local info?

Thanks, hope you can help!
peeko
If your nfo's are with your movie file, then that is the informaiton xbmc uses - on a scrape it will use that as well and disregard an internet scrape.
Even if you use Ember you still have to scan your movies into your library if an nfo and artwork exists that will be used if your movies are in their own folders make sure you select "use folder names for lookups" in set content

If your movies were already scanned into XBMC before you used ember then you will have to delete your current library and scan them in again as XBMC adds the info into the db and caches the images it doesn't pull them on the fly from your folders

If you turn off "Download actor thumbs" it wont take very long as you can see below that was done using local nfo and artwork

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWYxqoOF3c
Beautiful.

Thanks guys, I was wondering why it took so long. Guess the actors thumbnails was the culprit!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC - Ember Media Manager - Combining nfo?0