MySQL database... Different kind of question :)
Well i know i can setup MySQL for sharing database but i have a different problem

As i have 4 XBMC locations

for 2 locations is ok to have the same watched list and so on...

but my father and my friend (we are all networked) need to have theyr own watched list and so on... but i would like to have only one database for movies (i have macos x on hackintosh to share 2x1.5 TB diska and 1x500 GB disk on network)

is it posible to set it up that way?
andrejs Wrote:Well i know i can setup MySQL for sharing database but i have a different problem

As i have 4 XBMC locations

for 2 locations is ok to have the same watched list and so on...

but my father and my friend (we are all networked) need to have theyr own watched list and so on... but i would like to have only one database for movies (i have macos x on hackintosh to share 2x1.5 TB diska and 1x500 GB disk on network)

is it posible to set it up that way?

Yes, just don't have your father's/friend's systems set up to connect to the MySQL server. They'll have to scan the database on their own.
Big Grin 
TugboatBill Wrote:Yes, just don't have your father's/friend's systems set up to connect to the MySQL server. They'll have to scan the database on their own.

well i wanted to how in database everything so if upgrade/update does not go as planned then to do just plain reinstall

now i have AppleTV2 Smile bought one in Austria this weekend Smile and everything works perfect Smile i watched 10,1GB Stardust HD 1080p MKV file over network (2 swiches to my Hackintosh server) and it works perfect and smooth Smile

now i have to buy my father one Smile

so then i'll make one database for him, one for my friend, one for me ... it will be in triplicate Smile
I have the same issue. Is it possible to achieve this using profiles?
Profiles should work for this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL database... Different kind of question :)0