keymapping yellow button on the Harmony
I am trying to map the Harmony remote to send the "Yellow" command, and to write the yellow button to quit XBMC.

I used the following keymap, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <k>UpdateLibrary(video)</k>
      <yellow>XBMC.Quit()</yellow>
      <b>XBMC.Quit()</b>
      <w>ToggleWatched</w>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
You need to turn on debug logging then press the yellow button a few times and look in the log to see what the remote is sending.

JR
I got the following errror:

Quote:05:59:39 T:2280 M:1066979328 ERROR: Keyboard Translator: Can't find button yellow
This is because you have your remote configured as a keyboard... rather than a remote.
There is no key named "yellow" so can't use this as a key name in keyboard.xml. You can use it in a <keymap><global><remote> (NB <remote> not <keyboard>) section, but this usually isn't used in Windows.

In Windows remote controls (specifically remote receivers since the handset doesn't matter) generally work by sending keypresses. What IR receiver are you using and what if anything have you done to configure it?

If you turn on debug logging then press the yellow button a few times your xbmc.log should show what, if anything, XBMC is receiving.

JR
Since a harmony can emulate anything, can't it send a remote command?
As soon as I get home, I'll try it out. Would be be like this:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<k>UpdateLibrary(video)</k>
<b>XBMC.Quit()</b>
<w>ToggleWatched</w>
</keyboard>
<remote>
<yellow>XBMC.Quit()</yellow>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>
XBMC for Windows has very little support for remote controls built in. To get a remote to work you either configure the receiver to send keyboard presses, or you use some helper software that links your receiver to XBMC.

Unless you're using helper software the <remote> section in keyboard.xml (or any other .xml file) won't do anything so adding the <yellow> tag there would be futile.

To get any further you need to tell us what model of IR receiver you're using and what, if anything, you've done to configure it.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keymapping yellow button on the Harmony0