Advanced Launcher, ZSNES, Exit back to XBMC
Hey everyone. Playing with Advanced Launcher and ZSNES. Went and mapped a button to close ZSNES out when I am done. Now. How do I get it so when i CLOSE ZSNES that it goes back into XBMC FullScreen?
Bump. Anyone? Would like to be able to exit my emulators and have XBMC still be fullscreen. Is it perhaps the way i launch it? I'm lost.
Hi there,

had the same problem a few days ago with the dvbviewer. Tried to use the old launcher and the executor plugin - both work for me and return to xbmc fullscreen - advanced launcher seems to have a problem.

Cheers,

h3ll
By default XBMC uses a DirectX mode that is fast but won't share the screen, so it forces XBMC to minimise when any other app, like ZSNES, gets the focus. Launcher seems to deal with this by restoring XBMC after the app has ended. Maybe Advanced Launcher doesn't do this.

If you go to System settings, System, Video output and enable the "Use a fullscreen window ..." setting this allows XBMC to share the screen, so it won't minimise. However this mode isn't as fast and you may notice the performance hit. Try it and see.

JR
Use eventghost to do this.

my eg.

(I use xbox360 controller)

map back button when hold for 2 sec it'll close the pcsx2.exe window/process

This then tells xbmc to start back up again because the process is no longer there.
phin586 Wrote:Hey everyone. Playing with Advanced Launcher and ZSNES. Went and mapped a button to close ZSNES out when I am done. Now. How do I get it so when i CLOSE ZSNES that it goes back into XBMC FullScreen?
Just tested (again) on my Windows 7 system using last version of Advanced Launcher and ZSNES, and XBMC goes back into fullscreen as it normally does. What is your system configuration? Which arguments are you using to start ZSNES?

jhsrennie Wrote:By default XBMC uses a DirectX mode that is fast but won't share the screen, so it forces XBMC to minimise when any other app, like ZSNES, gets the focus. Launcher seems to deal with this by restoring XBMC after the app has ended. Maybe Advanced Launcher doesn't do this.
Since version 1.2.0, Advanced Launcher is not using anymore the xbmc.executebuiltin("System.Exec()") and xbmc.executebuiltin("System.ExecWait()") functions as Launcher to start applications under windows. But XBMC return to fullscreen still working.
I am actually having the same issue with Win 7 64bit and Dharma and the latest version of the plugin. Args are "-s -v26 %ROM%" The syntax might be slightly different because I don't have the system in front of me to check, but the settings themselves should be fine (menu/sound enabled, video set to 1280x960 DR FULL") since the switching from full-screen mode seemed to work in previous versions of Advanced Launcher.

Also, I'm using Direct full-screen not full-screen in a window.
I don't know the solution to your problem in particular, but I can tell you what I use for emulators and it works well. I use the executor add on and hyperspin. With hyperspin you can manage all your emulators and rom files. It works very well with xbmc and I have never had any problems. It is quite a bit of work to set it up (I am still setting it up), but I think it is well worth it.
atsumori Wrote:I am actually having the same issue with Win 7 64bit and Dharma and the latest version of the plugin. Args are "-s -v26 %ROM%" The syntax might be slightly different because I don't have the system in front of me to check, but the settings themselves should be fine (menu/sound enabled, video set to 1280x960 DR FULL") since the switching from full-screen mode seemed to work in previous versions of Advanced Launcher.

Also, I'm using Direct full-screen not full-screen in a window.
I need to have a look at your "launchers.xml" to be sure that your launcher is correclty configured. Use pastebin service to port it here. Also, it will be also more easy for me to help you if you post post you help request/problem into advanced launcher dedicated thread : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724

On my Windows 7 64bit system my arguments for ZSNES are :
Code:
-m -s -v 41 "%rom%"
as described into the dedicated configuration wiki page : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti...ES#Windows
Thank you for responding! I've continued my post over here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85724
Sorry guys! I have been gone for a minute. Anyway, my setup is default. using

-m -s -v 42 "%rom%"

Still comes back out. Can I use eventlauncher to see that its closed and restore or? what about some sort of batch file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Launcher, ZSNES, Exit back to XBMC0