[LIVE] Asrock smb shares windows 7 only works on command line
Question 
Have an asrock runnig xbmc live from the ppa (sorry I dont have the svn), but its the dharma version. SMB shares worked fine until a trendnet router replaced the existing router. Now all xbmc cannot access the network shares on the win7 pc.

I've made sure homegroup is turned off, tried adding a new user and resharing the folder. All other pcs in the house can access the folders without any issues. Interestingly enough, i installed samba and smbfs using putty onto the machine. If i then run mount <network> <local folder>, i can mount the network share on the command line - no username or password option give.

So i thought, well its not as clean as being able to browse and add a network smb location but it least it is doable. Problem is, i tried adding the mount to the /etc/fstabs file and it doesnt remount at startup. I even tried adding a command in the rc.local file the run the 'mount -a' command at start-up. Then i read to add a sleep to it, tried that, still no luck. I made sure rc.local was being called by touching a file in xbmc's home dir.

Q: why does samba share access the network share without any problems? On top of that, it never prompts for a username or password and mounts without any problems. XBMC log shows that it can get past the credentials.

Q: if i have to live with just mounting a drive, how can i get them to mount the smbfs at startup?

Thanks,
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
Does anyone have any possible suggestions for this? or had a similar problem?
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Asrock smb shares windows 7 only works on command line0