Duplicate Computers When Selecting SMB
On one of my latest XBMC (Dharma) setups I've noticed something strange when adding SMB shares. After selecting my workgroup it lists each computer about 30 times. It's not a HUGE issue other than having to scroll through them to get to my NAS but it's kind of annoying.

Any ideas what causes this behavior?
Have you even found an sollution?
I have the same problem, also the lookup is taken very long sometimes.

see image
In the meantime i've found a solution.

It was my router a linksys e2000. I flashed it with DD-WRT and all of the problems dissapeared
Basrik,

dd-wrt on e2000?
i dont remember seeng this router, in the compatible devices list. r u sure?
the reason i m asking is that i have e1000, and i didnot see a compatible version either.
i m also suffering from the same problem.
Tomera69,

I just typed e2000 and dd-wrt in google and ended up on te wiki page from dd-wrt.
For the e1000 router (version 1) it's http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1000. I just followed the wiki and installed my own network ip and wifi.

that was just it for me, i hope it just as usefull for you.
Basrik,
Thanx a lot,
after reading your post, i went to the ddwrt site, and, hey, what do you know, my router is listed. thats new. all thanks to u.
By the way, did u do the 30-30-30 reset?
the wiki is very confusing. since u actually succeeded in doing the flash, would u give me some guidlines?

Thanx.
Tomera69,

To be honest, i just uploaden the fireware. and took the risk of bricking my router.

greets

thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate Computers When Selecting SMB0