installing xbmczone installer
I have been pulling my hair out trying to install the XBMCZone installer, I am running Windows 7 and XBMC Dharma release, and I downloaded the xbmczone installer zip package and unpacked it but I cannot locate the folder c:\user\username\appdata\xbmc\plugin to copy it to I have googled it all weekend trying to find an answer and been unsuccessful, plz help I was balding before I will soon look like sinade oconner Shocked
You don't need to extract the zip. Just download the zip and put it in any folder. Go into xbmc, go to the addons and choose install from zip. Then browse to where you put the zip file.
Didn't know xbmczone worked for Dharma
tried downloading the zip and not unpacking it, and then saying install from zip and pointing it at it I get a error that install from zip failed.
also the xbmczone.org page says you MUST have AT LEAST verison 10 Dharma of XBMC for the xbmxzone installer to work.
Which I do, sorry about the multiple post I type faster than I think Sad
Just tried to install it and I get the same fail message. I don't think it works with Dharma. It actually looks like an old-style plugin and not an addon.
here is the answer to this question as I just figured it out.

I believe (perhaps someone more knowledgable in xbmc will correct if I am wrong) that all the plugins that are written for XBMC v10 Dharma are included in the XBMC package already, you just need to enable them, also I believe that autoupdates will check for and download any new plugin (for v10 dharma) and add them to the list of plugins you can enable as needed.

Thanks to all on this list for your assistance
You can still add Unofficial Add ons. Those are not in the release of Dharma. You have to add by zip file. Most of the addons in this section aren't in the release of XBMC. You have to manually add them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
installing xbmczone installer0