Installing xbmczone installer
I originally posted this in the python group and thought it was more approprite to this group.
running windows 7 (no service pack) pentium 3 2.4 MHZ processor 2 gig ram
installed XBMC Dharma and I love it Smile
trying to install xbmczone installer and the instructions say down load it and unpack it to the plugins directory
go into xbmc and programs and plugins and you should see it listed there just click it to install
I have tryed unpacking it in a number of folders and cannot see it anywhere, tried to install from zip and it say install from zip failed. Sad

Please help I am a newby to XBMC and to these forums
I would guess you're using a version intended for the previous version of XBMC. Dharma requires extra components to be written as add-ons, which are in a different format.

Most add-ons are installed from within Dharma by going to the home screen and selecting System settings, Add-ons. I had a quick look and couldn't see xbmczone, but I wasn't sure which section it would appear under and life's too short to checkk all the sections.

JR
jhsrennie wrote:
[i]"I would guess you're using a version intended for the previous version of XBMC. Dharma requires extra components to be written as add-ons, which are in a different format.

Most add-ons are installed from within Dharma by going to the home screen and selecting System settings, Add-ons. I had a quick look and couldn't see xbmczone, but I wasn't sure which section it would appear under and life's too short to checkk all the sections."[/

thanks Smile I believe (perhaps someone more knowledgable in xbmc will correct if I am wrong) that all the plugins that are written for XBMC v10 Dharma are included in the XBMC package all ready, you just need to enable them, also I believe that autoupdates will check for and download any new plugin (for v10 dharma) and add them to the list of plugins you can enable as needed.

Thanks to all on this list for your assistance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing xbmczone installer0