[LINUX] X configuration problem?
Hi. I'm a new user of XBMC (or, rather, am trying to be). I'm running it on a Zotac Mag running Ubuntu 10.10 for x86_64, with XBMC installed from the ppa (currently 2:10.00~svn 35648).

I'm having a problem that I assume is with my X configuration. I have a monitor at 1680 x 1050 plugged into the VGA port, and an HDMI cable running to a 1920 x 1080 television. Things seem to be set up in a dual-head state, for when I launch XBMC it takes up both screens, and since they don't overlap exactly, the running commentary appears mostly cut off at the bottom of the monitor screen, and the image isn't clear. I have tried fooling around with the monitor settings, but this uses NVIDIA's program for this (controlling an ION GPU), and it's not even clear what I'm trying to do--TwinView, Separate X Screen both seem to have the same effect. TwinView with the position set as "Clones" gives both screens at 1680 x 1050.

What I'd like, of course, is for XBMC to be running on the TV at 1920 x 1080; I don't particularly care if the monitor itself is doing something else or just mirroring, as long as quitting XBMC drops me back to a reasonable state on the monitor.

Thanks, and sorry if I'm not explaining things properly.
Replying to myself here--I don't know if this is the right solution, but I followed a suggestion in another recent thread, and configured X in NVIDIA with "Separate X Screen" with Xinerama turned _off_, restarted X, and then ran XBMC with "DISPLAY=:0.1 xbmc", and this does the right thing--XBMC runs in the TV alone, with the regular screen continuing to run the rest of things.

Onwards!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] X configuration problem?0