Newest Build & Scraper broken
Hi,

just git a few things on my mind. Compiling my own builds and the last 3 ones (doing it daily) are somehow not working properly:

Means: old builds recognized every movie i have, new builds don't recognize them all anymore! I heard there are some database changes?

Secondly: I hate to say it: but thetvdb.com sucks. It did work for a year now extremely good! But lately: the site is down oder extremely slow (XBMC can't connect most o the time and skips non-scraped tv-shows)!
If i try to go on their site: 4 out of 5 times it doesn't work! Somethings Wrong. I tried a variety of opensource DNS und flushed mine and everything. No change!
I am confused since a) no one seems to have this problem and b) no one on their forum seems to have this problem c) the admins over there didn't say anything

So can someone confirm oder say something about that?
THX for any help!

PS: the admins from tvdb doesn't seem to be very friendly at all!
I'm asking my self: why the hell does XBMC have only this one Tv-Show scraper? Aren't there other sites?

PS2: does anyone know when dharma 10.1 is coming out?
And when 11.0 Eden si done by 85%, so it shuld be out soon, right? Why then 31.12.2011 as the release date?
You might just be unlucky - I'm sure if other users were experiencing the same, with such regularity as you state, there would be a flood of posts - but there aren't. Yes it does have downtime, on occasion, but by and large - given that its free - it does a great job.

Have you considered that it may be your build process which is causing issues - why build your own when pre-compiled nightlies are available from here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/.

Ever thought of supporting them with a donation - to help make the experience better?, or what about constructive critiscm rather than 'the tvdb.com sucks' - likely to get a better response that way. The other issue of course is possibly that there isn't one, or one that cannot be reproduced. As I said earlier if this was widespread, the forums would swamped with complaints, or requests for assistance, but they aren't.
steelman1991 Wrote:You might just be unlucky - I'm sure if other users were experiencing the same, with such regularity as you state, there would be a flood of posts - but there aren't. Yes it does have downtime, on occasion, but by and large - given that its free - it does a great job.

Have you considered that it may be your build process which is causing issues - why build your own when pre-compiled nightlies are available from here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/.

nightlies are available for a week now, i'm making my own builds since a month now! So yes, there is a reason why. Secondly (if you have noticed or not) there aren't any nightlies since a few days => broken builds!
And I'm compiling them with the "BuildSetup.bat" given by DEVs of XBMC. So there shouldn't be any difference there!

steelman1991 Wrote:Ever thought of supporting them with a donation - to help make the experience better?, or what about constructive critiscm rather than 'the tvdb.com sucks' - likely to get a better response that way. The other issue of course is possibly that there isn't one, or one that cannot be reproduced. As I said earlier if this was widespread, the forums would swamped with complaints, or requests for assistance, but they aren't.

How would you call a site, that doesn't work about 95% of the time?
Oh yeah, right, sucks! At least it does for me!

More constructive than telling that: i have tried everything (using dharma 10.0 and dns flush, dns server change, even installing on a second system (fresh win7), new firmware on router, rsetting router, etc. and NOTHING worked)! It just can't be me! Nor can it be just "bad luck"!
Doesn't make any sence (technically)!

---------------------------------------------------------------
By the way: There are other sites like tv.com, wouldn't it make any sense to just have more options to choose from?!? For movies there are tons (IMDB, moviedb, etc.). Tv-Show just this one (Thetvdb)! I'm not saying the devs have to build new scrapers, but it would be a good idea! Since I experienced, that for example tv.com is more current than thetvdb.com (speaking in terms of new tv.shows!). Just my 2 Cents!
---------------------------
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?...=50#p21736
People should know about "the free service" and unacceptable behaviour on thetvdb.com!
Dry your eyes and stop whining - with your response to me its easy to see why the devs on thetvdb don't have any time for you. Try reading my original response (why can't it just be you?), if this was a widespread problem - the site would be flooded with users with problems - it isn't so I would suggest that its hardly rocket science that the problem is more localised - ie to your system.

The problem is that the site doesn't suck for the vast majority.

If you are having problems scraping the information from the tvdb via xbmc, then at least report it as a problem and provide a debug log - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66039 for what is required. Perhaps a little change in attitude would help as well.

Again stop whinging and develop your own tv.com scraper if it is that important to you. Most people are happy with what is available at the moment.

EDIT - I was commenting on your succes in achieveing successful srcapes with the tvdb when I mentioned that you might just be unlucky - not on the build process.
steelman1991 Wrote:Dry your eyes and stop whining - with your response to me its easy to see why the devs on thetvdb don't have any time for you. Try reading my original response (why can't it just be you?), if this was a widespread problem - the site would be flooded with users with problems - it isn't so I would suggest that its hardly rocket science that the problem is more localised - ie to your system.

The problem is that the site doesn't suck for the vast majority.

If you are having problems scraping the information from the tvdb via xbmc, then at least report it as a problem and provide a debug log - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66039 for what is required. Perhaps a little change in attitude would help as well.

Again stop whinging and develop your own tv.com scraper if it is that important to you. Most people are happy with what is available at the moment.

Since your not a DEV of XBMC and the only one who brings up any criticsm and eager for any solution is myself i just have to say: WTF are you doing here? Just donating and being a plus member? LOL Congrats to your 1,378 Posts!

What about YOU try reading for once and understand what i have written down. Sorry forgot that you only can repeat things! Thats you're good at!
Get a life! And start learing some technical terms.
If you did, a) you would know that i have done everything i can do to find a solution (technical wise) b) you would have given me other responses!
I have seen in my log, it can't get a connection to the tvdb site!
And since i am not the only one being with vodafone DSL, it can't be my ISP. And everyting inbetween i have tried!

And before i open a trac bug, i rather ask first!

And since your the only person who answers: i would appretiate if you don't know. Since you don't know ynthing except being ridiculious, idiotic and just chit chatting and repeating!

Therefore asking you politely to piss off and let other folks trying to give some realk advice and help!

----------------------------------------------------------------
by the way: Any Mods or DEVs here? I would like them to see this! HILLLLLLLARIOUS!
Closed.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newest Build & Scraper broken1