TV Shows in Library with no season?
Question 
I've been using XBMC for a few years now, (on Xbox, Linux and Windows) and I've never really had any problem like this before.

One of the TV shows I have in my library (Conan) doesn't have specific episode numbering, so I've been naming them with the date in the name (e.g. 2011.02.22) instead of season/episode. This has never been a problem, and has worked out quite well.

TheTVDB has the series split up inyo "Season 2010" and "Season 2011" since there aren't specific "seasons" for this show. However, when I updated the library for the new episodes I added since last time, XBMC has started just throwing all the episodes under Specials, except for ONE that is correctly placed under "Season 2011."

I can't figure out why this is happening, because TheTVDB does indeed have all the episodes under either "Season 2010" or "Season 2011," and only one thing is listed under specials.

Like I said, up until a few days ago, the episodes were all correctly organized. I never changed my naming convention. Also, after refreshing all the info on the episodes, it "un-arranged" everything and threw them all under Specials.

I've never changed any settings for a long time, Any ideas as to why this is happening?
Have you tried renaming the files with s2010eXX and s2011eXX ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:Have you tried renaming the files with s2010eXX and s2011eXX ?

Yeah that worked. Is there any reason that you can think of as to why the method I was using before just stopped working all of a sudden?
Fortunately (or unfortunately) this isn't an XMBC issue. Similar issues with TheTVDB are also reported with SickBeard, an application that also uses tvdb as its source of metainfo.

Here's the Sickbeard forum discussion:
http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...ilit=conan

And here's the tvdb discussion:
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?...016#p23016

Here's to a speedy resolution!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows in Library with no season?0