Fanart on the homescreen
Is there a way to get Night to use my fanart on the home screen?
settings->skin->background customizer

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Thanks. What I was looking for though was a way of getting it to rotate between my fanart for movies and tv shows like Aeon. For what i can see in background customiser I have to select the images manually?
silvine Wrote:Thanks. What I was looking for though was a way of getting it to rotate between my fanart for movies and tv shows like Aeon. For what i can see in background customiser I have to select the images manually?
create a folder and copy all of your fan art to that folder. split it up for tv, movies, and music. then point the skin to correlating folder. i took the time to do it and it was very worth it, it seems to be the only feature missing from this skin.
crud Wrote:create a folder and copy all of your fan art to that folder. split it up for tv, movies, and music. then point the skin to correlating folder. i took the time to do it and it was very worth it, it seems to be the only feature missing from this skin.

I think, I dont follow Aeon much, but Aeon MQ2 uses a script that splits the XBMC cache fanart into seperate Movie/TV fanarts. XBMC has been around for awhile and the majority of users already have backdrop folders and those that don't XBMC will be having backdrop addons in Eden so that'll take care of new users. Plus the more stuff you add, scripts and whatnot, the slower and more burdensome a skin becomes...A fanart splitter is not a cool(tvtunes) or needed(logos) script in my opinion for me to include...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Search the forums for "Video Fanart Splitter" this is a scrip that will do the job, look around the last few pages for the dharma version.
Ok. Will use that script. Cheers
mcborzu Wrote:I think, I dont follow Aeon much, but Aeon MQ2 uses a script that splits the XBMC cache fanart into seperate Movie/TV fanarts. XBMC has been around for awhile and the majority of users already have backdrop folders and those that don't XBMC will be having backdrop addons in Eden so that'll take care of new users. Plus the more stuff you add, scripts and whatnot, the slower and more burdensome a skin becomes...A fanart splitter is not a cool(tvtunes) or needed(logos) script in my opinion for me to include...
Would you explain how XBMC handles backgrounds? If, say, I have 6 directories containing 10 images apiece for 6 different menu items, is all that art initially loaded into memory/cache or is each piece loaded once a menu item is highlighted?

I've noticed my (POS Zotac) system slows down a click or two on artwork resolution greater than 1024x768 in the manner I'm accessing it, but I'd like to know if my present setup would support even greater resolution if done differently. Thanks.
without starting a new topic, because its slightly related to fanart on the homescreen. In recently added on the homescreen, when you move over each added movie you see the fanart for that movie, however this doesnt happen for tv episodes. Is there a way to enable this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart on the homescreen0