I've tried to jail break my ATV2 using SeasonPass but got nowhere with that so am now trying the Pwnage way.
I've followed the instructions to the letter and I've got to the plug in by USB stage. I have a constant white flashing light on the ATV but the Pwnage tool is not moving past the 'connect device to USB' screen.
It's been like this for about 20 minutes. What should I do?
Jailbreak - can't enter DFU mode (ATV2)
Joined: Mar 2011
2011-03-01 21:09 Post: #1
I wave my private parts at your aunties!
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Novi Sad / Dubai
2011-03-01 21:12 Post: #2
post in the correct forum, we are not SeasonPass support group
Always read the XBMC_Online_Manual,Frequently_Asked_Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log_file.
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Nova Scotia
2011-03-16 02:29 Post: #3
I'd try to get it DFU mode a couple more times and if it won't go then I'd start from scratch (i.e. restore of iOS in iTunes, assuming you saved your SHSH blobs).
Easiest way I've found to get into DFU mode (YMMV):
- make sure all cables are disconnected from the atv2
- connect the microUSB cable from the atv2 to your computer
- wait for the rate of flashing to change, then plug in the power cord
- wait for the rate of flashing to change again, then hold Menu+Play for 7 sec
- wait for the rate of flashing to change again then let go of the buttons
Should be in DFU mode now.