Fan full blast, CPU temp up but low memory/cpu utilization
(2014-02-26, 08:25)wsnipex Wrote: check the vaapi deinterlacing howto on top of this forum for an optimal intel based setup.

you don't need fancontrol unless you want to circumvent the motherboards/bios auto fan control and it can be dangerous if configured incorrectly. Only use it if you are really sure that you don't have a overheating problem, therefore I won't provide instructions. Google is your friend.
edit: make sure that sensors is reading the temperature correctly, check you have to correct sensor module for your motherboard:
http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices

Uptime is the time the system has been running since last _boot_, sleep modes do not count as boot.

OK thanks for the vaapi and sensor info! I will check this out asap.

I was mostly just curious about Fan Control, I assumed it was dangerous and not exactly what I needed and understand you not including it.

The Uptime is very curious, because that means that it is def not reporting the correct value. I've rebooted SEVERAL times in the last 109 days and the time since last boot, sleep included, was WAY higher than an hour (its def been at least a day). Unless Sleep time is not counted and it only counts the time its NOT in sleep, which still doesn't sound right but is at least feasible. I wonder if this is something worth investigating or not...

Anyways thanks for the info and I'll report back if anything fixes/helps...

Unfortunately the vaapi deinterlacing how-to has this line right at the top: "Furthermore it assumes, that you are able to apt-get" so I don't think it'll help in troubleshooting OpenElec... Thanks though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fan full blast, CPU temp up but low memory/cpu utilization0