Video cropping
i've searched and can't find any relevant information:

i remember xbmp having a crop option where you could crop a certain number or pixels off the top/bottom/left/right of the image. this feature seems to have disappeared in the transition to xbmc and i'm wondering if there's a reason for this. i find cropping useful in certain cases.

thanks in advance to anyone who has some information for me.
what is the reason for you wanting cropping?

the same thing can be achieved in most cases using the variable zoom (from the osd)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

if i have subtitles on the bottom which are embedded in the image which i don't want to see, and don't care about losing that chunk of the image, i'd like to be able to crop it out. xbmp had the capability and i wasn't sure if it made it into xbmc. apparently not, and if it's a lot of trouble to add it doesn't really matter that much. thanks for the reply.
you can add a .conf file for mplayer to the file you want.

name it <filename including extension>.conf

then add the mplayer commands for cropping. see http://www.mplayerhq.hu and check out the man page docs.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

cropping FTW
Please don't revive ancient threads for no good reason.
Can anyone tell me why when I watch videos some of it appears off the screen? For example when watching a stream or a show from Ice films, the video size is so big that I am missing some of it. I've tried fiddling with the settings but nothing has worked. Am I missing something?

Thanks
No icefilms support here and read the post above yours.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video cropping0