TV Show thumbs not showing correctly
Hi,
I have a problem, idk if its a bug or a mistake on my side. The thumbs in my library list view arent showing right. In any other view or tv show information, they are showing correctly, but in the list view there are just other thumbs, then they should be. Bassicaly the list view shows other thumbs then the others, how can I change that.

U can see the legs of the family in reflection (thats the correct thumb). I have this problem with all my tv shows, except Nip/Tuck, dont know why...

I would really appreciate a help here guys...
Hey... I´m also experiencing problems with thumbnails, are you also using banner images? And if, have you scraped them online, offline etc. It looks like your stretched image is also a banner image. Sorry, it´s not really answer but I just want to see if we have similar problems and maybe we can help each other out! Big Grin
I believe Aeon doesn't support any banner layouts at the moment. I don't remember the post, but I think that is something being worked on.
KeyMs92 Wrote:Hey... I´m also experiencing problems with thumbnails, are you also using banner images? And if, have you scraped them online, offline etc. It looks like your stretched image is also a banner image. Sorry, it´s not really answer but I just want to see if we have similar problems and maybe we can help each other out! Big Grin

Yeah its a banner, but I have set a tall thumbnail (idk how to name it) for all my tv shows. Even in my folders I have folder.jpg with a tall picture. If i want to choose the tv show in a list view, the right picutre shows up for a second but then it changes to this ugly one... I have tried to uninstall Aeon, to clear my library and scrap it again with prefer the posters option, but still the same results...
cculbertson Wrote:I believe Aeon doesn't support any banner layouts at the moment. I don't remember the post, but I think that is something being worked on.

Aeon Nox supports banners. 2 separate views. Banner Wall and Banner Multiplex.
--Dascmo

\\ OpenElec \ Frodo \ ASROCK 330HT \\ AEON NOX 4.0 \\

Free Online Storage: Copy

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
I am not talking about banner view, I am talking about list view and that all the thumbs there are not showing properly (I dont have banner thumbs). Anywhere else, info, showcase view, anywhere its ok... just list view. My question is, why its showing a totally diferent picture in list view?
F4kt0r Wrote:I am not talking about banner view, I am talking about list view and that all the thumbs there are not showing properly (I dont have banner thumbs). Anywhere else, info, showcase view, anywhere its ok... just list view. My question is, why its showing a totally diferent picture in list view?

You have to edit the tvdb settings to prefer posters over banners. Default is banners. You could also select "i" for every show and click on get thumb to download each poster manually.
--Dascmo

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
Yeah, I did all of those. I have prefer posters option checked and I have manually change all my thumbs to the one I want. When showing info, its showing correct pictures, but in list view this weird one...

Really dont know what to do...
Alright, I see.. Well I'm using both banners and posters, which differs from your situation. But in your case, have you tried scraping the folders manually? From my experience, I notice that the automatic scraping can be rather 'buggy' for thumbnails. As a matter of fact I'm experiencing the exact opposite: banner shows for 1 sec in list view, then it shows the cover. It seems to leave traces behind in the cache. So also make sure you clear everything properly. In addition, you could try deleting the textures.db, which registers all the thumbnails.
Yeah, thats the exactly opposite problem, really weird. I will try that...

EDIT: FINALLY! Thanks a lot KeyMS92, geez, I am so glad... Nobody could help me, but you... thx a lot!
You may have to delete your thumbnail cache. Found this on the XBMC wiki

Quote:Thumbnail Cache
XBMC will cache all Thumbnails to UserData\Thumbnails\ using the CRC of the path of the file or folder as a filename. That is the first location XBMC will generally look for a thumbnail for a given item.
See here for a thorough description of the thumbnail cache
In order for your custom thumbnail to show, you may have to delete the cached thumbnail.

Sorry I missed the boat on this one.
--Dascmo

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
Deleting textures.db worked like a charm. Thx a lot guys, you have been really helpful...
Glad we could help Wink
Will probably spend some more time on getting my head arround the specific thumbnail procedure. The apparent randomness of it can drive me crazy sometimes! Shocked

Edit: And if anyone is willing to answer my thread (in the same subforum): be my guest! haha
Greetings.

I don't post here very often, but this problem has irked me for quite some time.

Anyway, my "fix" might be of use to somebody.

To make the build in scraper correctly show the posters instead of stretched banners I have to remove the TV source and re-create it making sure to set the "prefer posters" on creation. Then when it scans in the library it will use the correct banners or posters for the correct view.

Simply checking "prefer posters" and updating the library does nothing, but new stuff will arrive correctly.

fwiw I'm using Aeon Nox at present, and scraping the TVTB.

zi99y

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show thumbs not showing correctly0