dedicated htpc help
I'm sorry for the post up front, but i need ya'lls expertise. I was just recently given a visa gift card for $500 and am willing to blow it on a pre built htpc. I know there are many threads about the Acer Revos, but they seem underwhelming when it comes to their specs. It will be connected to the tv and its main purpose is for xbmc. All the list I find online are pretty dated on the mini (nettop) pcs that are mentioned. Is it worth spending the money on a mac mini? If I go zotac, then i still have to buy more stuff for it on top of the price of the box...... any advice or input would be appreciated. thanks

edit: and i'd prefer os Windows7
I'd say you build yourself a Mini-ITX machine, following eskro's and poofy's suggestions (Zacate build is what I'd recommend for you).

It's definitely cheaper and wiser to build, in my opinion. Even if you're not tech savvy, it's a great little weekend (more like a couple hours) project
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundl...mbo.548994

I like this combo from newegg. Liked it so much I purchased it for my brother and built it when he asked me to build him an htpc. Tho I added another stick of ram because he wanted a windows build on it. It runs 1080p flawless. youtube perfect and does some light emulations he wanted on it.

If I were to rebuild it today I'd be very tempted to get a Zacate motherboard. But its hard to beat a full system(tho you have to put it together yourself) for 303 dollars, no tax, low shipping.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dedicated htpc help0