Problem Syncing New Files
I've been playing around with XBMC on my laptop lately and I've been having some problems.

I copied 40 movies from an external hard drive to my pc, and I cannot get them to automatically sync into my Movies. I have set up separate folders in My Videos for TV Shows and Movies. In my Movies folder I have an individual folder for each movie. I have set the content for Movies to movies, and that works great if I do them one at a time. If I go into Videos-Files-My Movies and click Scan for New Content it does not find anything new. If I highlight a movie that is not already in my Movies library, and I click Scan for New Content it will update the library and add that single movie.

Is there a way to make it update the library and add those 40 new movies at once? I shouldn't have to go through and do them one at a time, right?

Am I missing something?
Mr. Monkey Wrote:I've been playing around with XBMC on my laptop lately and I've been having some problems.

I copied 40 movies from an external hard drive to my pc, and I cannot get them to automatically sync into my Movies. I have set up separate folders in My Videos for TV Shows and Movies. In my Movies folder I have an individual folder for each movie. I have set the content for Movies to movies, and that works great if I do them one at a time. If I go into Videos-Files-My Movies and click Scan for New Content it does not find anything new. If I highlight a movie that is not already in my Movies library, and I click Scan for New Content it will update the library and add that single movie.

Is there a way to make it update the library and add those 40 new movies at once? I shouldn't have to go through and do them one at a time, right?

Am I missing something?

do you have your source set for recursive scan?
isamu.dragon Wrote:do you have your source set for recursive scan?

No. It is not scanning recursively. My settings are:
[] Run automated scan
[X]Use Folder names for lookups
[] Scan recursively
[X] Selected folder contains a single video
[] Exclude path from library updates

I've changed these several times, they never seem to stick though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem Syncing New Files0