Using Subtitles/captions in XBMC
I am a newby to XBMC and I have hearing problems, so it is really helpful for me to have captions or subtitles, I am running XBMC Dharma, on Windows 7 and was wondering is there any info on how to setup captioning/subtitles on xbmc, I have have the plugin for opensubtitles.org installed and enabled but it does not do anything when I play movies and/or tv shows, prolly something simple but I am unable to figure it ou Sad
Subtitles are supplied in a separate file. Normally this has the same name as the video file but ends in .srt. If a subtitle file exists XBMC will find it automatically. Some videos, usually only videos in .mkv format, have the .srt file integrated into the .mkv so you don't need a separate .srt file.

I've never used the subtitle add-on, but I think it's a tool for finding and download subtitle files.

You can tell XBMC whether to play any subtitle files it finds. I think the default is that it does display subtitles. To change the setting press M on the keyboard when a video is playing and this will display the OSD. The second button in from the top left is "Audio and subtitle settings".

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Subtitles/captions in XBMC0