NFS share trouble
I've successfully managed to have a folder on my pc shared to xbmc via nfs, but i cannot have my usb external hard disc or any folder on it seen as a nfs share. (It shows up but I can't select it). In SMB works fine though.
Following this guide i managed to install my SFU folder in said ext HDD, because it is in NTFS format, while my pc is in FAT32.
which os, which nfs server...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes, sorry.
I can see and add my nfs-shared folder on my PC hard disc (FAT32) running win xp alright.
I can see but not select my usb external hard disc (NTFS), neither the drive (F: ) nor a nfs-shared folder on this usb drive.
SMB works flawlessy in both situations.
Following above tutorial I installed the SFU folder on my external hard drive because installation asked for NTFS file system. (-don't know if this piece of info is worth-)
Thanks.
Post a full xbmc.log with debugging turned on when you try to "select" the nfs share which is not working. Still not sure if i got you right. You see your nfs server from xbmc already or not?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sorry couldn't post earlier and SORRY I can't do what you asked because I unistalled everything (impatience).
And sorry for my tiny grasp of the english language (not my mother tongue).
-
Point: I can NFS-share a folder that is on my PC (C:\Movies); I can't NFS-share a whole usb drive or a folder (F: or F:\Movies) on said usb drive connected to my PC. (PC has FAT32 filesystem; Usb drive has NTFS - don't know if that is important): ATV2 sees it but can't select.
well on ntfs you have to fiddle with filesystem permissions (not needed/possible with fat32). Depends on the used server software on how to do this in conjunction with ntfs drives... no further support without log though as you might already know now Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS share trouble0