10.01??????????
Question 
This one goes out to the developers.

Whats happening with the 10.01 release? It was due for release on the 27th feb and from what I can see of the notes from the remaining tickets is that they can be closed as they have been fixed. So whats causing the delay? The reason I may sound a little impatient is that I'v been waiting for the 10.01 release before I re-build my PC (several power cuts caused mass corruption), and my PC has been half dismantled now for a month and there is a lack of info from the XBMC team on whats happening with the 10.01 release I have no idea when to expect this release.

So basically in short - when is 10.01 coming?

Please excuse my impatience but my House revolves around XBMC and being without it is stating to take its toll.Sad

Thanks in advance
RBX
Uh

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/02/25/follow...-going-on/
Thanks for the response.

I have read that info and my original question still stands as it doesn't answer it.
rudeboyx Wrote:Thanks for the response.

I have read that info and my original question still stands as it doesn't answer it.

You sure you read it?

Quote:Q: Any more definitive ETA on packaging 10.1, that bug (and the VDADecoder issue) has been causing me a few headaches and I’d rather stick to official builds.

A: I volunteered to handle the 10.1 build and I’m in LA for SCALE this weekend (Come see us!), but I hope to get it done quickly when I return.
-stoli-
Yes and it explains he was in the states last weekend. and that he (HOPES) to do it quickly on his return. another week has passed since then. so ultimately an ETA still has not been given.
It will come when it is ready... but why wait?
There will be an upgrade path from 10.0.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Rudeboyx, as a paying customer, you definitely have rights in this regard to demand better performance by the people whose paycheck you are signing. Now that theuni has been informed of your irritation, I'm sure he'll work doubly hard.

/sarcasm

The downside of a volunteer project where nobody gets paid for their work is that sometimes things can slip a little. 10.1 is obviously very high on the list of our priorities at the moment, but claiming that there was a deadline and then complaining that we missed it simply isn't going to get anyone to move any faster (and, of course, is incorrect, as Team XBMC's official stance on releases is ALWAYS "it'll be out when it's out").

Long story short: we're working on it. It'll definitely happen sooner, rather than later. And we might be able to work faster if you donated like 2 million dollars, but probably not even that would be in time for this job.
natethomas Wrote:And we might be able to work faster if you donated like 2 million dollars, but probably not even that would be in time for this job.
if you donate 2 million to my personal bank account I'll quit my job right away to get it done ;-)
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
lol, nice to see playful humor is on everyones lips. For the record I'm not trying to come across as complaining, just stating facts and requesting information, nothing more. (After all, thats what these forums are for, and we shouldnt be encouraging people to keep quiet.)

Thanks for your responses, I was about to have a rant about the previous posts just burning thread space and not actually attempting to answer my question ("So basically in short - when is 10.01 coming?"). Obviously only a developer could answer my post yet everyman and his dog has to have a go and totally misses the point.

Thanks
RBX
I'm surprised someone that's been a member since 2007 would even ask such a question. The response you got is just what anyone who pays even a little attention on this forum would expect.
Well, his name fits (RudeBoyX). Seriously though just install 10.0 what is the big deal? Upgrade when 10.1 comes out. There is no reason to stop you from putting your pc together and doing so.

If you want to complain, complain about the lack tv functionality :p
* opdenkamp slaps avus_m3 around a bit with a large trout.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
TugboatBill Wrote:I'm surprised someone that's been a member since 2007 would even ask such a question. The response you got is just what anyone who pays even a little attention on this forum would expect.

So what your saying is expect no one to give a dam and treat your post as shit. To be honest i have come to expect that over the last couple of years but its only because of usless comemts like yours. The developers were actually quite help full with their reply, but yet again posts like yours only go to prove my point. (people are often just posting to insult, mock and put down peoples questions.) THERE IS NO WRONG QUESTION, ONLY WRONG ANSWERS, and yet again people keep filling this thread up with the latter.

My question has kindley been answered (to a degree), so this thread can be closed.
I presume the way you raised your question and how you reacted on the posts automatically leads to this kind of threads.

Closed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10.01??????????0