Skilled Python Coder
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: France idf
2011-03-08 01:49 Post: #11
sorry, i really don't see why
Passion-XBMC Repository Download your SVN skins and addons
TvTunes Addon Download Play your theme while browsing library
TVshow Next Aired display next aired infos from tvrage.com
Logo Downloader Script download Logo/clearart/show thumbs/poster/banner
Bande-Annonce Allociné plugin watch trailers in french and vo
SportLive Script Live score match info in XBMC (not compatible dharma)
Joined: Feb 2011
2011-03-08 10:15 Post: #12
ppic Wrote:sorry, i really don't see whyDoes the code not give any clues then? I've tested it on my Mac and its fine, so much be something to do with the ATV2. Can anyone else test it on that...?
Joined: Apr 2011
2012-01-25 09:11 Post: #13
Hi Daz, I've just been through this problem using an ATV2 and a Synology NAS.
I don't know the root problem, but here's what I did.
1) I initially had connection using FTP, however, the images couldn't be written to the FTP share so I changed to SMB
2) I could then write the images, but the ATV2 couldn't read them at all
3) I then switched to AFP share, the images could again be written but couldn't be read
4) after upgrading my NAS firmware to the latest version, I could then read files, but writes were limited to 128KB, so most of the images were corrupted
5) finally, I set the share up as NFS, and everything is beautiful now
So my advice, move the libraries onto an NFS share and your life will be good =) The instructions for setting up NFS share are here: NFS Sharing. They work perfectly.
Whoops! Sorry I just realised this was a horrible bump of an old thread, did you get it working anyway Daz?
(This post was last modified: 2012-01-25 09:13 by mclog.)