ATV2 scraping issues
i've been reading and twiggling for the last few hours and i am having no luck getting XBMC to gather show info and work in library mode. each time i set content, it starts scanning movies, gets 40% in and stops, crashes and 10 seconds later, reset to the apple tv menu. even more frustrating, if i leave XBMC to scan on startup, it will crash and return to the apple tv menu.

following the advice of the FAQ and issues at a glance, i turned off the 'generate thumbnails' option (which doesn't exist under that name or suggested location). no luck. i am trying to export this information from xmbc installed on my mac, but other than that i'm at a bit of a loss. anyone got any ideas?
Hi mohaukachi.

I've been fighting the same battle as you are now Rolleyes, tjek out the folders where your movies are i'ts very important that the foldername and file name are correct, tjek it out on http://www.imdb.com and correct all your folders/file names and you'll be fine, worked for me...Big Grin

Used a hole day to figure this out, everything was working in XMBC on my windows pc and i was thinking what the heck am i doing wrong, untill i saw where the Scraper stopped importing info's i could se that folder/file name was wrong , so the IOS version seem's a litle bit more picky about that.

Regards Jowda.
word. ill give that a shot. this issue aside, i spent about 8 hours yesterday on a Top Gear marathon and had ZERO problems with xmbc. absolutely fantastic job to all who made this happen!
Not only should you name folders and movies correctly, but prior to adding your source, you can also try a media scraper like Media Center Master... look at configuration and ensure you have XBMC stuff enabled. Then point to where your movies are located and let IT pre-scrape your media.

When finished, you can tweak movies and such that were not properly recognized.

Only after your library is in shape, with all the metadata, then add a source in ATV. It will find all the metadata and it will not try to scrape from scartch. This goes b quicker and you will not have to fiddle to clean up your library.

For getting your library in shape, follow this guide:

http://lifehacker.com/#!5505849/how-to-w...-and-boxee

Other Media Scraper are Ember Metadata Manager, Companion something, Media Scout, etc.... If you ever have to re-add a source, it will only take a few minutes to add (depending on library size) and not hours from scratch. Please note that XBMC does NOT store the metadata with your media files. At first scan time, it will look for info stored with your media files, but it then stores it locally on the device.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 scraping issues0