XBMC starts stuttering after standing over night.
Hi all,

Got quite a strange, hard to diagnose fault. I seem to be getting a bit of stutter on my Acer Revo box after it is left overnight. Before starting to seriously look in to this (as I expect it could take SOME time) I wondered if anyone had similar issues?

Just as a bit of an over view playback is perfect and smooth as soon as you start XBMC and for the day after but quite often in the morning (not every morning) XBMC stutters when playing vids. Checking the framerate info it is not showing dropped frames so not sure what is causing the stutter.

The only thing I can think of so far is that I have CouchPotato running over night and wondered if the 'Update Library' script is causing this.

Anyone else had this problem and if so did you find a fix?
I'm having the same thing happen on zbox with 10.0 and an older zotac motherboard (forget the model) on 9.1, both are running Windows 7 and when left overnight with Windows configured to not automatically sleep video playback stutters and I have to reboot the machines to fix it.

EDIT: I found another thread with 10 pages that I think goes into more detail with this issue, maybe our attention should be turned there: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69245

I'll follow that thread for a while and if I see no progress I'll probably end up going to Linux... only thing is reprogramming all my remote buttons which took me a while to do with EventGhost... bah

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC starts stuttering after standing over night.0