[GUIDE] NoobProof guide to get AirPlay working on XBMC Live / linux
Ive followed th instructions. Installing on windows xp. Xbmc doesnt how up on the itouch. It doe show up on doubletwist on android. Any ideas?
GRID Wrote:Thanks for this, really straightforward instructions. One question though, in step 16. :

6. sudo nano airplayer Edit user (username), group (id username to find out) and path to where the airplayer.py script is located for me it is “/home/tripkip/PascalW-Airplayer-7a7873e/airplayer/airplayer.py”

Which group do I want? if I "id wild9" then I seem to be a member of a lot of groups?

(clearly I'm a bit of a linux nubOo)

edit:

Forget it, I realised its my gid name. Although this still didn't make it work until I read the airplayer text more closely in init.d and realised it said to make sure airplayer.py was executeable.

So I tried : Sudo chmod +x /home/wild9/Airplayer/airplayer/airplayer.py and now everything is working perfectly. ( I also did what was in qbase's post above but I am not sure if this was necessary)

Thanks again!

thanks for post saved my time and fixed the problem i was having.
Hello,
I have been using XBMC for some time but this is the first time I have posted.
I have done the howto to the letter but when I get to the point of starting it manually I get this error message.

Code:
2011-09-16 16:31:09 [INFO] Starting Airplayer
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function register_service at 0x9807d14>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/xbmc/Airplay/PascalW-Airplayer/airplayer/bonjour.py", line 19, in register_service
    callBack = register_callback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pybonjour.py", line 1132, in DNSServiceRegister
    None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/pybonjour.py", line 286, in _errcheck
    raise cls(result)
pybonjour.BonjourError: (-65537, 'unknown')

After some time I found out if I run command “/etc/init.d/avahi-daemon restart” then start airplay it will work, but if I reboot I get the error again.
Thank you for any help you can give.
So one question, i' at the last item:

6. sudo nano airplayer Edit user (username), group (id username to find out) and path to where the airplayer.py script is located for me it is “/home/tripkip/PascalW-Airplayer-7a7873e/airplayer/airplayer.py”

But it's unclear what my group is:

I've tried with adeiko and with 1000 and doesn't work:

Somebody can tell me whats the correct one so i can investigate more xD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GUIDE] NoobProof guide to get AirPlay working on XBMC Live / linux2