[GUIDE] NoobProof guide to get AirPlay working on XBMC Live / linux
I can get the script running, but I can't get it running automatically on reboot. Anyone else having that problem?
Does anyone know if it's possible to get the script running at boot using the auto exec? I can't get it to work following the instructions given Sad
how do I install this on a windows machine?

not sure how to ssh in to xbmc windows machine
Woohoo!! I finally sorted it! I just had to set the read/write permissions of everything in the xbmc folder to 777 and once I followed the instructions again it all worked Big Grin BRILLIANT Big Grin
Works great for me!

Wish that it could also output the video recorded on my iphone too though, not only the pictures.

Any idea why other non-Apple apps can't play to XBMC? I have a radio app that has Airplay but only see's iphone and my Apple TV.
BritBloke Wrote:Works great for me!

Wish that it could also output the video recorded on my iphone too though, not only the pictures.

Any idea why other non-Apple apps can't play to XBMC? I have a radio app that has Airplay but only see's iphone and my Apple TV.

hello BritBloke
try AirVideoEnabler ... can be found in Cydia.

This allows you to airplay out of (almost) every app! Nod

cheers
rebuilding ....
krijeck Wrote:hello BritBloke
try AirVideoEnabler ... can be found in Cydia.

This allows you to airplay out of (almost) every app! Nod

cheers
Thanks for the tip krijeck!

I've just installed AirVideoEnabler and will test it out tonight when I get home!
Did anyone actually manage to get the script to autorun on xbmc startup yet?
qbase Wrote:Yes I have. Everything works after I manually start avahi-daemon.

Should the daemon start up at boot or is it the airplayer script which starts the daemon? Huh

I got avahi-daemon to start at boot by running "sudo update-rc.d avahi-daemon defaults". Big Grin

xbmc@XBMCLive:~$ sudo update-rc.d avahi-daemon defaults
update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon missing LSB information
update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/avahi-daemon ...
/etc/rc0.d/K20avahi-daemon -> ../init.d/avahi-daemon
/etc/rc1.d/K20avahi-daemon -> ../init.d/avahi-daemon
/etc/rc6.d/K20avahi-daemon -> ../init.d/avahi-daemon
/etc/rc2.d/S20avahi-daemon -> ../init.d/avahi-daemon
/etc/rc3.d/S20avahi-daemon -> ../init.d/avahi-daemon
/etc/rc4.d/S20avahi-daemon -> ../init.d/avahi-daemon
/etc/rc5.d/S20avahi-daemon -> ../init.d/avahi-daemon
Thanks for this, really straightforward instructions. One question though, in step 16. :

6. sudo nano airplayer Edit user (username), group (id username to find out) and path to where the airplayer.py script is located for me it is “/home/tripkip/PascalW-Airplayer-7a7873e/airplayer/airplayer.py”

Which group do I want? if I "id wild9" then I seem to be a member of a lot of groups?

(clearly I'm a bit of a linux nubOo)

edit:

Forget it, I realised its my gid name. Although this still didn't make it work until I read the airplayer text more closely in init.d and realised it said to make sure airplayer.py was executeable.

So I tried : Sudo chmod +x /home/wild9/Airplayer/airplayer/airplayer.py and now everything is working perfectly. ( I also did what was in qbase's post above but I am not sure if this was necessary)

Thanks again!
Hi.

I "installed" the script using the blog post from the first post in this thread. The airplayer starts and I can stream a video through doubleTwists AirSync but it won't show up in iTunes or AirFoil. What am I missing?
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
the_alien Wrote:Hi.

I "installed" the script using the blog post from the first post in this thread. The airplayer starts and I can stream a video through doubleTwists AirSync but it won't show up in iTunes or AirFoil. What am I missing?

AirPlay only does Video. If you want/need audio look up shairtunes.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
But iTunes does Video too...
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
i have no idea why this doesnt work for me wondering if u guys could lend a hand.

i have the web interface all working and i can test this on my web browser.

when it runs if i enter a username ans password i get a error stating

File "/home/stuart/PascalW-Airplayer/airplayer/settings.py", line 31, in <module>
MEDIA_BACKEND_USERNAME = Stuart

if i run with the username set at None same with the password i get an error stating it couldnt connect to the address and port. am about to pull my hair out i have tried all combos that i can think off.

any help would be great guys.
the_alien Wrote:But iTunes does Video too...

iTunes knows 2 different Apple protocols.

Scarlin83 Wrote:i have no idea why this doesnt work for me wondering if u guys could lend a hand.

i have the web interface all working and i can test this on my web browser.

when it runs if i enter a username ans password i get a error stating

File "/home/stuart/PascalW-Airplayer/airplayer/settings.py", line 31, in <module>
MEDIA_BACKEND_USERNAME = Stuart

if i run with the username set at None same with the password i get an error stating it couldnt connect to the address and port. am about to pull my hair out i have tried all combos that i can think off.

any help would be great guys.

Do you have "Allow programs on this system to control XBMC" enabled?
(Or on other systems if it's on a separate system)
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GUIDE] NoobProof guide to get AirPlay working on XBMC Live / linux2