Windows 7 Recorded TV (.wtv) files
ajerazzor Wrote:VideoRedo i not a 10 foot interface - very clunky to do without keyboard and patience (unless im wrong and you can automate it?)

I didn't know that was a requirement. Yes the UI is very clunky. I only put up with it because it does the job better than anything else I know.
ajerazzor Wrote:You cant stream "live" tv with remote potato but you can play it once the recording has started - I havent tried FF to the live component but that works with a MC recording so thought it would be the same.
I just tried this again, and it looks like after several minutes the video does show up in the list and you can start playing it. So it's several minutes behind realtime, but for certain situations, that may still be useful.

I also tried playing with the quality settings again. I'm note sure if you have lower standards than I do, or if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm still not happy with it. At the highest quality setting, motion isn't smooth and I can see visible video degradation with my iPhone 4. On my televisions, I might could live with this on my living room TV when we're standing in the kitchen and watching that (across a couple of rooms). In our bedroom, we have a 52" LCD. In my loft I have a front projector (and 92" screen).

That said, I think for my in-house usage, I'm most likely going to pick up a 2nd XBox 360 at some point and my three most important rooms will be covered with live perfect-quality TV. I'll probably supplement this with having MC-TVConverter2 running (either live or scheduled late at night) to batch record some/all of my shows. My daughter's room and the guest BR (if I ever pick up an ATV2 for that room) would be able to get by with that, and my wife could also stream those shows to her iPad 2 (probably using AirVideo) when she's working in our home office.

One day, hopefully, someone will come out with a box along the lines of the HDHomeRun Prime which will do on on-the-fly transcoding to MP4.
also agree the air video solution does not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 Recorded TV (.wtv) files1