• 3(current)
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)
andre_pl,

I have gotten CBC and Global streams to work, using the XOT-framework from Basje, and was looking into CTV when I came across your [release] announcement.

I'll go over your plugin now.
Let's touch base as if it's easy to extend, I have all the JSON queries figured out for Canwest (global, food, hgtv etc) and CBC
@Temhil: Live Streams are just mixed in with the rest of the content, there isn't really any way to distinguish them from regular streams. Thats just due to the way the CBC websites are laid out.

@renaudtrudel: I've already started work on the successor to this plugin, it's called CanadaOnDemand. I've already got all of the CTV Functionality ported over and about 80% of CBC working, including parsing all of the json responses, all that's left is the actual streaming for it.
Thanks for the offer anyhow, and if I need any help I'll let you know. I'll be pushing out an alpha version some time today. keep an eye out.
Salut André,

if you have the CBC JSON going, then it's probably a very simple to add the canwest streams (i went in reverse direction easily)

I'll wait for your alpha which includes CBC, then i can plow through and add canwest to
1) relieve you a bit ;-)
2) not waste the effort i made using XOT-Framework.
If you're parsing CBC JSON responses, it should be a shoe-in.

If you still want help before-release, you can PM/email me. The streaming is encoded a bit silly with the <break> nonsense in the rtmp:// url response, I can help get that ball rolling.

Cheers,
Hi Renaud,

Here's what I've got so far for the canada on demand plugin.

https://github.com/andrepl/plugin.video.....on.demand

Apologies in advance for the complete lack of comments. Everything from the ctv plugin should work, as well as CBC. global is still broken, and I wont have any time to work on it until tonight.

If you want to fiddle around with global support, you'll probably want to take a look in channels.py, there is a CBCBaseChannel which CBC and Global both subclass, though if hgtv and food are more similar to global than they are to CTV then there might be a case for a CanwestBaseChannel or something.

Everything other than channels.py is a bunch of crazy meta programming and plugin logic that you can probably ignore. (though channel.BaseChannel is probably worth looking at)

If you have any questions about the source feel free to email or pm me about it, we'll try not to clutter this thread.

ATTENTION EVERYONE ELSE: Feel free to try this new plugin but dont expect it to work very well (though in my experience it works just as well for CTV channels) and don't report any bugs until I make an official release and retire the CTV plugin.
Star 
Needs a decent icon... (Waving Canadian flag or 3D map?) but works as you've indicated. No Global..
@PatK Feel free to draw one Smile
andre_pl Wrote:@jasni

I had the same problem with that particular video and was able to get it to play by going back to the previous page, then forward again, and trying to play the clip again, it took 3 tries unfortunately, but the clip did play.

I realize it's annoying, but as far as I know, there's nothing I can do about this bug. I pass off the exact same stream url to XBMC every time, and it just fails to play once in a while, claiming the server isn't genuine adobe.

You can see this in your log file as it tries to open the stream:

Code:
WARNING: HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
WARNING: HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!
ERROR: RTMP_Connect1, handshake failed.

Every time I've encountered this problem it was solved by going back/forward and trying again, sometimes it takes more than one retry. I'm still investigating to see if there's anything I can do, but I really believe this is an issue with XBMC's player and not the plugin.

This sounds exactly what is happening with some of Bluecop's addons, he mentioned it's due to changes in the handshake they are using and needing changes to librtmp to support the new features

See this post for exact same msg on the south park addon - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=744...tcount=710
Eldorado Wrote:This sounds exactly what is happening with some of Bluecop's addons, he mentioned it's due to changes in the handshake they are using and needing changes to librtmp to support the new features

See this post for exact same msg on the south park addon - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=744...tcount=710

awesome thanks for the link. At least I know I don't have to worry about it myself. Smile
Star 
andre_pl Wrote:@PatK Feel free to draw one Smile

http://img194.imageshack.us/g/multilogog3.png/

http://img46.imageshack.us/i/multilogog4.png/

have at it... forgot the icon is a soft cornered rectangle.. will redo something.

This plugin sounds great.

I am getting a script error for every channel and video.

Is this content geo-restricted (I am in the USA. Is there a restriction based on my ip address?)?

Thanks.
re: script errors...

you should really wait until the plugin is functional or packages as a specific dotted release...
I know there are anxious people out there: I am one of them and that's why I am giving André a hand (this has been a long time coming for Canadian channels)

re: geolocation... same as the actual content providers, if any.
@Eric_S: In general yes, the content is restricted to canada, though some of it might not be.

@renaudtrudel: I *think* he's referring to the CTV Plugin, which is perfectly useable at the moment. This is the official thread for the CTV Properties plugin so we should keep it that way until the next revision is ready Smile
@PatK Your Icon is awesome, and its being used now. PM me with whatever name/email/nick you want to be known by in the Thank-you's
Question 
For some strange reason, I can't queue up clips from different "folders".

Example:

1. go to CTV News > CTV National News > March 8
2. play clip 1
3. navigate back and queue up clip 2, 3, 4
4. navigate up two levels and choose LATEST
5. queue up anything and check the "Now Playing" list.

the previously queued up clips 2, 3 and 4 disappear.

I haven't seen this happen with other plugins.

Would you mind looking into this?
Thanks.
icharania Wrote:For some strange reason, I can't queue up clips from different "folders".

Example:

1. go to CTV News > CTV National News > March 8
2. play clip 1
3. navigate back and queue up clip 2, 3, 4
4. navigate up two levels and choose LATEST
5. queue up anything and check the "Now Playing" list.

the previously queued up clips 2, 3 and 4 disappear.

I haven't seen this happen with other plugins.

Would you mind looking into this?
Thanks.

Fixed in 1.2.1
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)2