• 5(current)
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)
Not a huge deal at this stage in the game, but I'm noticing a lot of unorganized lists of shows once you drill down further.

For example in CBC, you go into say Dragon's Den and there's a folder called Season 5, then there's shows that are on the same level as that folder from that season.

I'm not sure if this is just how CBC organized things (ie: they did a sloppy job), or if it's how the plugin pulls the data. It would be nice if it were a bit more organized, if that's even feasible. That's of course a minor complaint Smile

The other thing I'm thinking would be nice is if we could 'favourite' certain folders at any depth in the various paths. So I'd like to be able to add Dragon's Den folder as a favourite.

Finally, I know it was mentioned, and I'm hoping it's not impossible is of course the multiple clips. It would be fantastic to make the clips all play in order automatically so we don't have to get sent back out and choose the next one.

Anyways, the work done so far is awesome! Many thanks for such a great effort!
Is anyone else having problems downloading the Canada On Demand plugin from the repository? After choosing 'install' it seems to lock at "Downloading 0%". I have tried re-installing the repository. The CTV Properties add-on will download and install fine.
@Redth its a little bit of both at the moment. I think we can make it a little cleaner once we figure out the api a little better, but the problem right now is that those episodes really do belong to both the 'Dragons Den' Category, AND the Season 5 category. so they show up in both, just like they do on the CBC Site. they just display the categories on the left and the videos on the right which makes it look a lot cleaner, we don't have that luxury, so the videos and categories show up in the same list.

Redth Wrote:Not a huge deal at this stage in the game, but I'm noticing a lot of unorganized lists of shows once you drill down further.

For example in CBC, you go into say Dragon's Den and there's a folder called Season 5, then there's shows that are on the same level as that folder from that season.

I'm not sure if this is just how CBC organized things (ie: they did a sloppy job), or if it's how the plugin pulls the data. It would be nice if it were a bit more organized, if that's even feasible. That's of course a minor complaint Smile

The other thing I'm thinking would be nice is if we could 'favourite' certain folders at any depth in the various paths. So I'd like to be able to add Dragon's Den folder as a favourite.

Finally, I know it was mentioned, and I'm hoping it's not impossible is of course the multiple clips. It would be fantastic to make the clips all play in order automatically so we don't have to get sent back out and choose the next one.

Anyways, the work done so far is awesome! Many thanks for such a great effort!
There were some problems with the repository server but they should be resolved now.

jasni Wrote:Is anyone else having problems downloading the Canada On Demand plugin from the repository? After choosing 'install' it seems to lock at "Downloading 0%". I have tried re-installing the repository. The CTV Properties add-on will download and install fine.
@Redth indeed it's the feed, CBC doesn't use CategoryIds in a standard way, and doing a drill-down based solely on that is failing as you've noticed.

In fact, I have trouble understanding how a query like this
Code:
&query=CategoryIDs|104445622
can, at all, return a record like this
Code:
{"CategoryIDs":[148223562,136791660]},
unless the backend ignores the searchterm completely.

It looks like CBC's backend on theplatform uses categories for which "folders/category" a clip belongs to (standard way) but will OR the output of a given folder with "prominent", "featured" or "subfolder" clips. Huh
It only makes sense in the context of the player on their webpage: when you ask for "Dragon's Den" it will display on the left column the categories ('Season 5' and 'Webisodes') but also have all the clips in the content box for S5 and Webisodes, i.e. by default they return episodes from the whole sub-tree, it's only when you drill down that they restrict.

It's a bit of a wordy answer/post, but the news isn't all bad. I think I've captured enough transactions and have figured out CBC's querying mechanism, which uses custom-fields for the drilldown, to show content of the folder only and not of all subfolders.

I should have a submission tonight (to github). Unfortunately, andre_pl is away tomorrow, so you 'll all have to wait a little longer for him to up-version in his repo ;-)
Very awesome!

Thank you guys again!

renaudtrudel Wrote:@Redth indeed it's the feed, CBC doesn't use CategoryIds in a standard way, and doing a drill-down based solely on that is failing as you've noticed.

In fact, I have trouble understanding how a query like this
Code:
&query=CategoryIDs|104445622
can, at all, return a record like this
Code:
{"CategoryIDs":[148223562,136791660]},
unless the backend ignores the searchterm completely.

It looks like CBC's backend on theplatform uses categories for which "folders/category" a clip belongs to (standard way) but will OR the output of a given folder with "prominent", "featured" or "subfolder" clips. Huh
It only makes sense in the context of the player on their webpage: when you ask for "Dragon's Den" it will display on the left column the categories ('Season 5' and 'Webisodes') but also have all the clips in the content box for S5 and Webisodes, i.e. by default they return episodes from the whole sub-tree, it's only when you drill down that they restrict.

It's a bit of a wordy answer/post, but the news isn't all bad. I think I've captured enough transactions and have figured out CBC's querying mechanism, which uses custom-fields for the drilldown, to show content of the folder only and not of all subfolders.

I should have a submission tonight (to github). Unfortunately, andre_pl is away tomorrow, so you 'll all have to wait a little longer for him to up-version in his repo ;-)
Very nice update with all the new channels!

Just a note that if you have auto-update turned on, I get a msg saying that the original CTV Properties addon failed to update.. but I knew what the deal was so uninstalled and installed the new Canadian addon

Does the XBMC addon infrastructure have the ability to handle something like this cleaner? Such as mark an addon obsoleted and install it's successor, or at least notify that one exists? It could see it confusing to the casual user

Also love the new icon! Can it be made bigger? It's so tiny Smile
andre_pl,

I cant test proxy without option for port number!Big Grin
Are there problems with the repository again? I can't seem to get any further than installing from zip file. Clicking Get Add-Ons then andrepls's Addons, stalls with "working" then eventually shows a blank list......

Edit: Got it installed now, working.
Loving this plugin, thanks andre_pl. Was wondering if you would ever add any kid networks to this plugin like YTV and Treehouse?
dlinao23 Wrote:Loving this plugin, thanks andre_pl. Was wondering if you would ever add any kid networks to this plugin like YTV and Treehouse?

They're both in his plans. The goal is to go after the major ones first (like CTV, CBC, Global, TSN) and anything that comes for free with the major ones because they use the same platform (like Space, Fashion TV, HGTV, etc).

Treehouse and YTV each use their own platform so they'll need to be added specially, but he does plan to get to them at some point.

-Dan
@jabba200: done, will be in ver > 0.0.8
@Redth
watch out for 0.1.0, in repo tomorrow for a significant fix to CBC TV, albeit at the cost of CBC News and CBC Kids for now ;-)
@dlinao23

I've added as of 0.1.1 YTV and TreehouseTV with some backend improvements to all Canwest channels.

As mentionned below, CBC Kids came for free with CBC but it's untested and I know it's broken

I haven't really looked into deploying any of this in the repo yet, and andre_pl will be back shortly.
I just uploaded 0.1.1 to the repository. Thanks, renaudtrudel!

-Dan
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)2