• 6(current)
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)
renaudtrudel Wrote:@dlinao23

I've added as of 0.1.1 YTV and TreehouseTV with some backend improvements to all Canwest channels.

As mentionned below, CBC Kids came for free with CBC but it's untested and I know it's broken

I haven't really looked into deploying any of this in the repo yet, and andre_pl will be back shortly.

Thank you! The Food Network is also there which is just great.

philip
bolverk Wrote:I just uploaded 0.1.1 to the repository. Thanks, renaudtrudel!

Hi, I've downloaded the latest release as of tonight (1st install), all channels are indicated, but nothing will play! Either a script error, or a return to the clips list, nothing playing. Just "Working..." and then back to the list.

Not sure what I should be doing.

Tou.TV plugin works great (french CBC), Fox News... but none from this plugin. I tried CTV, CTV News, Comedy Channel...

Any idea? I'm working the plugin from XBMC 10.0-7 iOS.
@SimonMTL
There are problems with CTV and its related channels (ComedyNetwork, Bravo, tsn) that unfortunately result in some clips failing to play almost constantly, one out of 10-20 attempts will actually work. We've been doing everything we can to track down the issue, but unfortunately as best we can tell it's an issue with XBMC itself (or rather librtmp that is used to play encrypted streams.)

Almost every channel except the ones you mentioned works flawlessly, and while we're still hoping to find some magical workaround for the CTV Channels, the best you can do is try and try again (sometimes a dozen times) or just ignore the channels that don't work so well (I believe they are: slice, comedy bravo, bravo fact, bnn, ctv, tsn and discovery.) until the issue is resolved.
andre_pl Wrote:@SimonMTL
There are problems with CTV and its related channels) ..... until the issue is resolved.

OK, so I tried CBC and it did work. CTV, Space, History TV, etc... didn't work. Global.TV didn't work all that well either (loading directories was either super long or super-long-i-dont-have-patience-to-wait long)

I'll keep an eye out for more updates in this thread. Let's hope it works out in the end!

Thanks for doing this!!!!

[REQUEST] V-Télé (vtele.ca) So many shows online... Sad not to be able to access them! Smile
Global is a bit slow, but I've increased the caching so that you shouldn't have to wait for it to load its directory listings all the time, it will keep them cached for a minute, which should make browsing very tollerable.

There is also a feature I forgot to mention which sometimes helps with playback on CTV Channels (but sometimes it doesn't.) when you get to the 'clip listing' page of one of these channels, bring up the context menu and choose 'force RTMP Urls'. The directory listing will refresh, and now streams will attempt to use rtmp over rtmpe, which will allow them to play sometimes. unfortunately its not a silver bullet.

Edit: Thanks for the link to vtele, I'll add it to the todo list.
Edit2: The changes I mentioned above have been pushed out as version 0.1.2.

SimonMTL Wrote:OK, so I tried CBC and it did work. CTV, Space, History TV, etc... didn't work. Global.TV didn't work all that well either (loading directories was either super long or super-long-i-dont-have-patience-to-wait long)

I'll keep an eye out for more updates in this thread. Let's hope it works out in the end!

Thanks for doing this!!!!

[REQUEST] V-Télé (vtele.ca) So many shows online... Sad not to be able to access them! Smile
I switched over to the canada plugin this afternoon, after upgrading to xbmc 10.1 last night.

What I've found is that stabillity is much worse. I used to be able to watch the CTV news very easily with the old plugin, but now it seems like not much of anything plays. Using the "Use RTMP " feature helps, as in, then some videos will play, but still basically unusable in comparison to the old plugin.

Have others experienced this?
It would be helpful if you could provide specific videos that work in the CTV Plugin that do NOT work in the Canada On Demand plugin. I have experienced the same effect as you (nothing plays properly on CTV channels anymore) but it happens in both plugins, its almost as if CTV has been upgrading more servers to the newer handshake protocol which isn't supported by XBMC yet, and as a result, most of their content is unplayable unless you get lucky.

While I can't confirm this, my own tests of 10 clips that fail to play in canada on demand also fail to play with the CTV plugin and I couldn't find anything that worked with ctv but failed with canada on demand.

If you can provide the channel/show/season/episode etc of one or two clips that consistently work with the CTV Plugin, but fail in canada on demand, it would go a long way towards helping me track down and resolve the issue.

bluenote Wrote:I switched over to the canada plugin this afternoon, after upgrading to xbmc 10.1 last night.

What I've found is that stabillity is much worse. I used to be able to watch the CTV news very easily with the old plugin, but now it seems like not much of anything plays. Using the "Use RTMP " feature helps, as in, then some videos will play, but still basically unusable in comparison to the old plugin.

Have others experienced this?
Hey Andre

Thanks for all your work on this, I do love this plugin.

What you describe could have easily happened to me, since I didn't do a side by side, but only enjoyed the previous plugin for a short while, then switched over, and noticed the difference. Some small period of time did elapse between last using the original plugin, switching over, and noticing the difference.

That would be really too bad though, since if something had changed with the new plugin you would know where to start.

Is it possible this has to do with going to 10.1?

I'm sure I'll get the same results but in the interests of helping out I will try and compare side by side and see what results I get.

thanks,
I dont *think* going to 10.1 would have made it worse, it's more likely just a coincidence. I'm fairly confident that this is an issue of XBMC not handling rtmpe streams with version 8 or 9 handshaking, and that the handshake from the server occasionally comes back as a version that XBMC can handle.

using rtmp instead of rtmpe only works sometimes, because some streams simply aren't available via straight rtmp, and as best I can tell, there is no way to know which ones. At this point I think all we can do is wait until the handshake is figured out, and from what I can tell, its currently being worked by librtmp, and I'm sure XBMC will pick it up when its ready. in the meantime I'm open to suggestions for a viable workaround, but I haven't had any luck with things like rtmpsrv rtmpdump etc on these streams either. there simply isn't anything besides adobe flash player which can consistently and reliably play them.

bluenote Wrote:Hey Andre

Thanks for all your work on this, I do love this plugin.

What you describe could have easily happened to me, since I didn't do a side by side, but only enjoyed the previous plugin for a short while, then switched over, and noticed the difference. Some small period of time did elapse between last using the original plugin, switching over, and noticing the difference.

That would be really too bad though, since if something had changed with the new plugin you would know where to start.

Is it possible this has to do with going to 10.1?

I'm sure I'll get the same results but in the interests of helping out I will try and compare side by side and see what results I get.

thanks,
This is a great plugin, thanks for all your hard work. Also, do u think it's possible this plugin could ever support Global News...

http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/index.html

I'd love to be able to get my LOCAL news, and there doesn't appear to be any working links to local news within this plugin.

Thanks again. I look forward to seeing this plugin progress.
@eQUIV
Thanks for the kind words. I actually didn't know global news had streams, but I've found them now, along with CTV's local streams too, they're on the todo list Smile
No, thank u sir -- That's great news! Check your paypal, go buy yourself a pint on me. Smile

andre_pl Wrote:@eQUIV
Thanks for the kind words. I actually didn't know global news had streams, but I've found them now, along with CTV's local streams too, they're on the todo list Smile
Is there a way we can queue video's using these streams?
dieselboy27 Wrote:Is there a way we can queue video's using these streams?

press 'q' on the keyboard, or zero on your remote control. I'll add a context menu entry in the next version, I didn't realize there wasn't one there.
Thank you very much!

You're the first to donate, so I figured the least I could do is get your feature request out asap. 0.1.6 was just released with complete 'Global News' support.

Enjoy!

eQUIV Wrote:No, thank u sir -- That's great news! Check your paypal, go buy yourself a pint on me. Smile
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)2