• 1(current)
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)
Thumbs Up 
ATTENTION ALL USERS
This Plugin is being replace by a new one called "Canada On Demand" which is available in the same repository. It's highly recommended that you move over to the new plugin asap.

There is a thread for the new plugin.

Want to Donate?

The CTV Properties plugin allows you to access streaming content from a variety of CTV Websites including TSN and the Comedy Network.

NEW: We now have full support for live streams!! Yay!!!

The plugin is available in it's own repository which you can add to your XBMC Installation by downloading the zip file below and adding it to XBMC in the Addon's section.

Repository Download: http://www.brosemer.org/~odin/repository.andrepl.zip

Currently Supported Sites:
  • CTV
  • TSN
  • Discovery Channel
  • The Comedy Network
  • CTV News
  • Much Music
  • Bravo
  • FashionTelevision
  • Business News Network
  • Bravo Fact

To the best of my knowledge, any video on any of the above channels should play perfectly. please report any that dont.

If you know of any other sites that use a similar format but aren't supported, please post your requests.
CBC and its family are coming, its going to take some time.
Star 
Thank-You... works great.

Would like a download option that doesn't tie up the system... Too bad these guys have never heard of streaming HD (CBC would be great...)
PatK, do you mean an option to save the clips to your hard drive for later viewing? I'm not sure how feasible that is but I will look into the possibility.
Just downloaded and will try later on today... thanks Andre_PL!

+1 for the CBC request in the hopes of getting the local news.
Good work. Thank you very much!
Star 
andre_pl Wrote:PatK, do you mean an option to save the clips to your hard drive for later viewing? I'm not sure how feasible that is but I will look into the possibility.
Yes... it looks like these guys deliver the video in flash format, but I have seen a few plugin's that save off, and XBMC will play them. That way if you want to watch it again, you don't have to pay twice in bandwidth. Also people who have speed limits, end up buffering a lot.. but if it's downloaded... you can get to it later without buffer issues. Of course we all want CBC local news, but if you look at shows like Dragon's Den and a few others.. they shouldn't be handled much differently then CTV's stream (they use Akami?
works very well!

Do you figure it's possible to automatically queue up the clips in the full episode?
(rather than starting clip one and navigating back and queuing up the other clips that make up the episode)
icharania Wrote:works very well!

Do you figure it's possible to automatically queue up the clips in the full episode?
(rather than starting clip one and navigating back and queuing up the other clips that make up the episode)

I spent an entire day trying to do that, and ended up giving up in frustration. I tried a dozen different things and none of them worked...

I haven't given up hope, but I could certainly use some help if anyone has any ideas or examples of similar functionality in other plugins I could look at.
There are other similar sites such as food, hgtv, etc ... that would seem to be similar ( and can be accessed from plex). It would be great to access them from xbmc.

philip
@andre_pl: I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but the tvnz plugin (available in the official repo) assembles a stack:// URL to play a bunch of portions of the entire episode seamlessly.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:@andre_pl: I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but the tvnz plugin (available in the official repo) assembles a stack:// URL to play a bunch of portions of the entire episode seamlessly.

Cheers,
Jonathan

cool, I'll definitely look into that thanks.
Great plugin, looking forward to more Canadian content. Business News Network, Discovery, and Much Music don't seem to work, i get a script error when trying to view the videos.
dlinao23 Wrote:Great plugin, looking forward to more Canadian content. Business News Network, Discovery, and Much Music don't seem to work, i get a script error when trying to view the videos.

Can you point out specific videos that aren't working for you on much Music or Discovery? I've only managed to find one single clip on muchmusic that won't play, and everything I've tried on discovery has worked so far.

I think you're right about business news though, I've had problems there too, I'll look into it this evening.
pmcd Wrote:There are other similar sites such as food, hgtv, etc ... that would seem to be similar ( and can be accessed from plex). It would be great to access them from xbmc.

philip

+1 for hgtv.ca
Icarus3000 Wrote:+1 for hgtv.ca

at first glance it looks like hgtv.ca and foodtv.ca both work the same as CBC and Global, so support for them will probably come around the same time, hopefully a couple days from now.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CTV Properties (CTV/TSN/Comedy/Discovery/etc)2