[ATV2] No sound from XBMC using HDMI to TV.
I confirm. I had the same issue with my ATV2 jailbroken via Sn0wbreeze.

I did again the jailbreak but this time with Seas0nPass, it works like a charm , I have now the sound !
Nvidia Shield Android Marshmallow - Kodi 16.0
Amazon Fire TV 1st Gen
Apple TV 4th Gen
Logitech Harmony Elite + Keyboard
Philips Hue
Amazon Echo
...I have the same sound issue in xbmc with sn0wbreeze jailbreak - seems like it has a serious bug...
reapply the seatbelt unlock.
IF it is a Nvidia card I got mine working.
do a aplay -l and check the card number for Nvidia HDMI .
check the card number and device number , on mine it was card 1 device 9

Thus in you /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf file you change the lines that says

default.pcm.card 0
default.ctrl.card 0
default.device 0

to

default.pcm.card 1
default.ctrl.card 1
default.device 9

In my Case.
go to setting -> audio & video -> tv resolution -> set low tv resolution this is will help. You will get it done.
(2011-03-07, 23:07)mxrodriguez Wrote: I am brand new to XBMC and Im loving it.
Especially combined with SabNZB, Couchpotato, and Sickbeard.

Im running it off of a Zotac box and not a ATV2 but I also had a couple of HDMI quirks. I dont know the actual menu paths but two things made my audio work through HDMI

First..
There is a Program Addon from an Audio Mixer.
By Default one of the items is on mute. Unmute it and your audio may work.

Second
Under System Settings > Audio settings..
Make sure you dont have the Dolby Device set through or it will be trying to passthrough your audio to a reciever and not your hdmi cable.

sorry I cant be more specific till Im sitting in front of my XBMC setup.
Hopefully this may help

Hey thank you, I was changing the audio output in the settings of the file itself and never thought to go into the systems settings(Duh). Works great now. Props my friend. =-}

(2011-03-07, 22:05)markiz Wrote: I've tried both "HDMI" and "analogue" fro the Audio output setting.

The other option, Audio output device, only says "default output device". I'm unable to select something else. Maby that's the problem?

Are you accessing the audio output by going out the the main settings of XBMC or accessing them while the file is loaded?

I was doing it the latter way. So I stopped the video, went out to the main menu. Then went to System. And selected settings. In there I selected "System". In there I selected "Audio output". Keep in mind, there are two audio settings here, "Audio output" near the top. And "Audio output device" near the bottom. Adjust both of those accordingly.

Good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] No sound from XBMC using HDMI to TV.0