[ATV2] No sound from XBMC using HDMI to TV.
phillie14586 Wrote:XBMC does do something different with audio than other programs like iTunes or even EyeTV. You said the audio device is Default audio device. Is there a way to look at what the settings are on the ATV? Maybe the audio output on the ATV is set to something other than HDMI.

The only option I can find in ATV is "Dolby Digital Out". I've now switched from auto to off. But it didn't help. I can't find anything else regarding HDMI/audio.
If you have perian installed (via nitotv) , remove it. It can mess with passthough.

set xbmc to analog out, downmix.
davilla Wrote:If you have perian installed (via nitotv) , remove it. It can mess with passthough.

set xbmc to analog out, downmix.

Thanks for helping out!

analog out, downmix - that's the default settings after installing xbmc. Doesn't work.

I haven't installed perian. And I'm unable to find it in NitoTV at all.

For the third time I've now jailbreaked the AppleTV. This time I tried using the instructions in the wiki. I now got an error message. I'm not sure if it could be related. XBMC works fine (except for the missing audio):

After this operation, 1331kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
Get:1 http://mirrors.xbmc.org ./ org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock 1.0-1 [2044B]
Get:2 http://mirrors.xbmc.org ./ org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 10.0-7 [39.9MB]
Get:3 http://apt.saurik.com tangelo-3.7/main bsdiff 4.3-1 [6824B]
Get:4 http://apt.saurik.com tangelo-3.7/main gawk 3.1.6-2 [424kB]
Fetched 40.3MB in 18s (2136kB/s)
Selecting previously deselected package bsdiff.
(Reading database ... 1403 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking bsdiff (from .../bsdiff_4.3-1_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package gawk.
Unpacking gawk (from .../gawk_3.1.6-2_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock.
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock (from .../org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock_1.0-1_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2.
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from .../org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-7_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
Setting up bsdiff (4.3-1) ...
Setting up gawk (3.1.6-2) ...
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-seatbeltunlock (1.0-1) ...
Found ATV2 running ios 4.2+/AppleTV
Found 4.2.1:Removing seatbelt profile key from AppleTV
Setting up org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (10.0-7) ...
No matching processes were found
dpkg: error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
analog 2.0

I also have had success with HDMI 2.0 with my hdtv.
I don't know what I did. But now I get sound when watching movies. Yes!! Laugh

But I still don't get any sound when moving around in the menues in xbmc.
markiz Wrote:But I still don't get any sound when moving around in the menues in xbmc.

Menu sounds are intentionally disabled
Any idea when this functionality might be added into the ATV2 build?
jdwolf Wrote:Any idea when this functionality might be added into the ATV2 build?

When AE gets merged into trunk.
I got an Apple tv 2 jailbroken with sn0wbreeze and xbmc installed through nitotv and I am having the exact same problem as markiz. Since i havn't got a movie handy for movie playback, I wouldn't know if the audio works in there. all I know is that the audio doesn't work and I'd really like to have audio on add-ons such as Grooveshark
Same here. Jailbreak 3.4.1 with snow breeze. No audio. I have read it is a known problem. Would be interesting what firmware he was on. I'm. Going to keep trying to look for solutions
Re JB w/ seas0npass.

Sn0wbreeze has bugs.
Thx Keith. That's my plan tomorrow. Does this load nito tv? What is the best way to install XBMC? I used nito to install XBMC after snowbreeze I'm new to XBMC and it looks awesome. If I only could hear itBig Grin

The big question. Do I have to restore to 4.3.1 before doing this?

Also this corrects the SMB folders too?
OK...Success! So I did re-jailbreak using seasonpass on the mac. The first jailbreak was on the PC with snowbreeze. I didn't change the loaded jailbreak (4.3.1 on snowbreeze), just ran seasonpass. SSH in and followed the directions to here to add XMBC.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...MC_on_ATV2

And presto, I have sound, SMB...although I don't think the hulu addon is working, but that I think is unrelated. I installed the Icefilms addon. This is really awesome. Thanks again...
Question 
Newbie.

Similar problems. Took me a while to JB but got it in the end using Greenpoison. The reason I used it is that Snowbreeze and Seasonpass use iTunes to install the ipsw - and I had continuous probelsm with itunes connecting to apple to verify.

BTW all the JB tools suggest a remote key sequence to set the ATV into DFU which did not work for me (Menu and playpause held for 7 secs.)
If you connect USB, then power, then hold Menu and down-arrow for 6 secs, release and then hold Menu and play/pause for 7 secs it works every time.

Anyone managed to fix the sound issue with a Greenposon JB?
Should have noted I'm using a new ATV2, ios 4.3, iTunes 10.2.1, Greenpoison 6.1, Win 7, Vista, and XP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] No sound from XBMC using HDMI to TV.0