Need Help with Theme
Question 
I have a few WIP themes but have issues figuring out a few things.

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

List & InfoList issue:

Need to change Focused Text Color and would like to replace the Highlight Bar image and color.
-- changed media\list\listfocus.png but it only changed the Child level's highlight ... <source>\<child> but not <source>, which still remains the default gray rectangle

Q: What control relates to Parent / Root Source level highlight color and image?

Q: What control relates to Parent / Root Source level highlighted text color?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Would really appreciate some help with this... I'm sure it would take 10 seconds for Hitcher or someone who knows to post the answer. If the defaults.xml was documented I would not be asking/needing.

thank you
Sorry I missed this before but they are all referenced in the defaults.xml -

PHP Code:
<!-- Colour of Text seen on listfocus.pngButtonFO.png and ListButtonFo.png -->

<
color name="ButtonText">FFFFFFFF</color
What about the highlight/button itself? Is that an image or? When change listfocus.png it only change the image on the child (2nd level down)... not the parent - which remains a gray rectangle?
I'm not sure what you mean by parent/child as they're irrelevant to viewtypes.

Screen shot?
Hitcher Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by parent/child as they're irrelevant to viewtypes.

Screen shot?

A diagram might be easier (and I cannot get screens right now)...

Home Menu
.... File Folder (Info List) -- source=smb://office/Kids Videos --default gray rectangle shows on highlighted item
........ File Folder (Info List) --<source>/<DVDtitle> -- listfocus.png is being used for highlighted item.
Are you sure you're not confusing Files and Info List?

Files -

Info List -

listfocus.png is from Viewtype_Files.XML

so what item(s) in the other XMLs...
Viewtype_Info_List
Viewtype_List

... would be the same associate image that is creating the gray rectangle you have in your screenshots? Essentially I want to replace that image with a different one.
... and does the image hold the color or is there an XML tag that changes/affects the color of the image?

thx for the help
ListButtonFo.png - Viewtype_Info_List.xml

Viewtype_list.xml doesn't have one -

With ListButtonFo.png & listfocus.png are they the color of the PNG or is there an XML tag that changes/affect the color?

thx!
PNG, best way to check is look at them see if they're the same colour when seen in the skin.
I noticed...
ListButtonFo.PNG is 57x57 pixels
listfocus.PNG is 772x75 pixels

Is there a reason you made these different even though they are seemingly for the same use?

I essentially want the highlight to fade progressively as it reached the screen edge (I'm not a fan of the full "block" running off screen) - and I want it to be consistent on all screens. Suggestions?
Livin Wrote:I noticed...
ListButtonFo.PNG is 57x57 pixels
listfocus.PNG is 772x75 pixels

Is there a reason you made these different even though they are seemingly for the same use?

I essentially want the highlight to fade progressively as it reached the screen edge (I'm not a fan of the full "block" running off screen) - and I want it to be consistent on all screens. Suggestions?

I am sure it is a product of creating both views at different times, there are a few other things like this scattered throughout the code, the png's are scaled at the time of display so a fade from one end to another will be difficult to achieve for both of them.
Hitcher,
Can you make them consistent across menu type - where it they are simular?
I'd like to theme the highlight image.

thx
I've changed the texture used in the Info List view to InfoListButton.png.

If you grab the new InfoList XML (see below) you can test it out and then send me the files before I push the next update.

http://pastebin.com/bsUwE5Tx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help with Theme0