• 20(current)
Clean up the Thumbnails folder
This really should be a part of XBMC. Hoping to see an update for this!
(2013-01-06, 12:06)DiMag Wrote: please post a feature request.

And so I did....
Frodo update desired.
(2013-01-31, 20:01)PatK Wrote: Frodo update desired.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158972
LG M227WD - ASUS S1-AT5NM10E - LOGITECH HARMONY 300i - MINI KEYBOARD USB
Running Ubuntu Precise 12.04.04 - FRODO 12.03 - Transparency!
Movies: 996 - TV Show: 98 - Albums: 1161

My Script: Rating Update - Thumbnails Cleaner
Not an addon, but for those that are comfortable with the command line: Texture Cache utility.

It can be used to:
  • Pre-cache new (or updated) artwork rather than cache items slowly as they are viewed
  • Delete individual rows/files from the texture cache
  • Prune the texture cache of accumulated cruft
  • Search the texture cache using a simple text filter, or more complex SQL filters
  • View media library entries using JSON representation allowing further processing by additional scripts
  • Perform basic QA of media library items

Supports Frodo.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
You should post this as an official add-on, I bet a lot of people would be happy to put theirs hands on this beauty, including me

EDIT: Dammit, did not notice there were 30 pages of posts, probably a bunch of people already suggested the same thing, sorry
Did anyone get it to work on a remote AppleTV 2?
I mean to run it on an OSX 10.6.8 machine and probing the ATV.
I get the App to start, but I couldn't figure out how to feed it the VideoDB on the ATV.
Initialization breaks very early with:

No file exists at XBMC SQLite path for video db. Cannot continue. Path = /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos60.db

And believe me, the file is exactly there. I can download it through a web browser using this path: http://192.168.0.103:8080/vfs/special://...ideos60.db

I tried everything for the better part of the night and am giving up now.
Too bad, this tool was exactly what I was looking for.

Using Eden LinusYang Edition on ATV2, have SQLite DB, all standard.
The SQLite path is relative to where you run the cleanup tool, not the target machine (AppleTV). So if your running it on your local PC, you'll have to map a drive to the Apple TV's sqlite DB (or some other work-around).
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Yes, thats what I figured, but that is not possible with Windows XP and an ATV2 in the network. What do you expect, its Windows...

I ended up copying the entire Thumbnails-folder and the respective DBs to the Windows machine, put the appropriate paths in the XML and started the script. Worked like a charm!
I now have a cleaned-up Thumbnails-Folder and a cleaned up Textures.db, I just have to copy everything back to the ATV2.
Now that I know the procedure, I plan on doing this once a year or so, just to stay clean.

Thanks for that App and two nights of extensive fiddling, it was fun!
Sad 
Hi, i installed this and run the cleaner..

all my pictures are gone when i come back to my movies or videos folder.

Of course it moved the pictures but there is no folder so i cant restore thumbnails..

What i should do?

Id like to use this if there is some way to make it work..

any idea? thanks.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean up the Thumbnails folder4