• 5(current)
Clean up the Thumbnails folder
edit -- just saw your post.
Thanks for the info! I'll test some of this out and probably add some options to clear out those images based on last used and use count.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Thanks for this script. I tweaked it for my settings and managed to lop off almost 2GB from my XBMC folder. I've been wishing for something like this for a long time. Thank you for sharing it with the community. It is very appreciated.
Silly question maybe - but what happens if you delete the whole contents of the Thumbnails folder? Obviously the thumbs would go (?) but what's the quickest way of getting them back - assuming you have recently exported your library to separate files (alongside the media files themselves)?
I have a few movie sets in my library. This script deletes the thumb for the set. I just noticed the image for a set had gone back to the default 'xbmc folder' after running it. I re-linked the set to the remote picture and ran the cleaner again and the set had reverted back to the xbmc one again. Strangely, I couldn't see the image in the ThumbCleanerSpotCheck folder (but could be going blind.. Smile )
This looks great Will give it a go tonight and I promise if I have any issues I wont moan like a Bitch but will come back with constructive comments and be polite about how I ask for help.......................
sjw1 Wrote:I have a few movie sets in my library. This script deletes the thumb for the set. I just noticed the image for a set had gone back to the default 'xbmc folder' after running it. I re-linked the set to the remote picture and ran the cleaner again and the set had reverted back to the xbmc one again. Strangely, I couldn't see the image in the ThumbCleanerSpotCheck folder (but could be going blind.. Smile )
I also have movie sets, and the thumbs for mine don't get deleted with this script. Does it happen for all of your movie sets, or just a particular one? If there are no images in the spot check folder, that seems suspicious. With a debug log, I could investigate and determine if there really is a bug.

Ram2000 Wrote:This looks great Will give it a go tonight and I promise if I have any issues I wont moan like a Bitch but will come back with constructive comments and be polite about how I ask for help.......................
++reputation Smile
Hi Brad,

I am very much looking forward to using this script. I am trying to run it on my Win7 x64 machine, but I am getting an error.

here is the config file

http://pastebin.com/gpP2Nv4n

I think that i filled out everything that I need to, but of course I probably missed something trivial.

Here is the log when I run the x64 command file

http://pastebin.com/DBUVRLQp

I have xbmc minimized and running in the background, and I have ensured that the 'Allow Programs on this/others systems to control XBMC' button(s) is (are) checked. I also am using a nightly compiled today.

Thanks for any help.
feerlessleadr Wrote:....
I think that i filled out everything that I need to, but of course I probably missed something trivial.
Your config looks OK.
Is there any firewall between this program and the XBMC box? The connection is getting reset by something. If this program is running on the XBMC box, try using 127.0.0.1 as the IP instead, as this will bypass any firewalls and eliminate network problems.
To test connectivity, you could run a command prompt from the same comptuer this program is running on and do: telnet 192.168.1.107 9090
Then paste this exactly:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "id": "1"}
Let me know what the response is...

Also, you could try using Curl (instead of Raw), which requires the XBMC webserver to be up and running.
bradvido88 Wrote:Your config looks OK.
Is there any firewall between this program and the XBMC box? The connection is getting reset by something. If this program is running on the XBMC box, try using 127.0.0.1 as the IP instead, as this will bypass any firewalls and eliminate network problems.
To test connectivity, you could run a command prompt from the same comptuer this program is running on and do: telnet 192.168.1.107 9090
Then paste this exactly:
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "id": "1"}
Let me know what the response is...

Also, you could try using Curl (instead of Raw), which requires the XBMC webserver to be up and running.

I am running the script on the same computer as xbmc, but I tried changing the host to the local host IP as you suggested with no avail. I also tried the commands that you sugggested, but I realized that telnet wasn't enabled on my version of windows, so I had to enable it. Once I did, i ran the telnet command, but wasn't able to paste anything. anything i typed would not show up, and after a while I would just get kicked back to the regular command prompt.

I tried with the curl method, and it eventually worked, except that I had to scan in some music items with the music library.

My thumbnails folder decreased from 7 gigs to 5 gigs. thanks so much!
bradvido88 Wrote:I also have movie sets, and the thumbs for mine don't get deleted with this script. Does it happen for all of your movie sets, or just a particular one? If there are no images in the spot check folder, that seems suspicious. With a debug log, I could investigate and determine if there really is a bug.
Yeah, they go for all movie sets. NOTE: I'm not talking about the thumb for the actual movie - but the one assigned to the movie set. i.e. selecting the 'Descriptor' (<set></set>), right clicking and 'Set movieset thumb'. I think it wasn't going to the spotcheck folder because it was still set to 150. Just replaced the backup and ran again in true mode and it does copy them to the spotcheck folder.
Thanks. Big Grin
sjw1 Wrote:Yeah, they go for all movie sets. NOTE: I'm not talking about the thumb for the actual movie - but the one assigned to the movie set. i.e. selecting the 'Descriptor' (<set></set>), right clicking and 'Set movieset thumb'. I think it wasn't going to the spotcheck folder because it was still set to 150. Just replaced the backup and ran again in true mode and it does copy them to the spotcheck folder.
Thanks. Big Grin
Can you run the cleaner once and let it delete the movieset thumbs.
Then manually add the thumbs back to the movie sets thru the XBMC GUI.
Then run the cleaner again in with <LoggingLevel> set to debug, and post the debug log to pastebin.com (it will probably be pretty large).

Let me know when you've got that log for me.

Thanks!
Yeah, should be able to do that for you later tonight. I have done what you suggested so should be OK to reproduce.
The original that I assign is stored with the video so isn't 'harmed'. I run the cleaner and when I scroll through the movies the sets have their image blank. When I run it and get it to populate the spotcheck folder they appear there - under a 'random' c34dfscda.jpg name (name made up there.. Smile ). Because they all go to the same folder I don't know what it's called in advance because it will originate from a subfolder of the Thumbnails folder.
Very strange it doesn't happen to you.
I assume you will need the name of one of these pictures being deleted? Does the name remain the same when it's re-created by XBMC?
sjw1 Wrote:I assume you will need the name of one of these pictures being deleted? Does the name remain the same when it's re-created by XBMC?
The debug log will have all the info I need in it.
bravido, apologies for this but the log is 90,000 lines long Shocked and there are lines in there I'd rather not post.. Is there a specific section of the log I could post - if I know the name of a set that is having its thumb removed?
I just ran the script - and the thumb was removed. I re-linked it to the set in XBMC and ran it again with DEBUG on (mode 4) and I hovered over the thumb. It stayed there throughout - until the very end. When I then clicked in the DOS window to finish and close it and went back to the thumb it had gone (as well as the thumbs for the other sets)..
sjw1 Wrote:bravido, apologies for this but the log is 90,000 lines long Shocked and there are lines in there I'd rather not post..
Yes, debug literally logs everything.
I need the lines between:
Code:
Adding hashs from JSON-RPC video library items
Adding hashs from JSON-RPC audio library items

Also, need to know the name of your set.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean up the Thumbnails folder4