Executing scripts in my videos
hello

i'm trying to execute a script in the my videos section and it's not working. i try running it once and nothing happens. then i try it again and the system crashes and requires a hard boot. i added the '.py' extension to the list of video extensions in my xboxmediacenter.xml, but that just seems to show it in the my videos list, not make it executable.

the purpose for this is because i have many movies archived offline on cd, but i still want there to be an entry for it in the video database. so i have a script like '12 angry men.py' which contains something like this...

Quote:import xbmc, xbmcgui

xbmcgui.dialog().ok('insert disc','insert disc #111')
xbmc.player().play('smb://home/cdrom/12angrymen-cd1.avi')
xbmcgui.dialog().ok('insert disc','insert disc #112')
xbmc.player().play('smb://home/cdrom/12angrymen-cd2.avi')
xbmcgui.dialog().ok('the end','please return discs to the proper location')

i'm not sure if it works yet or not, but i'd also like the scan feature to process .py files as well so the video database will contain all my offline archived movies.

so, any ideas on how to get this to work?

thanks

-except10n
anybody?
hi
i think you put in front, a very interesting idea...
i would be happy to help, but i have so many project waiting...

i have this script in my mind :
first script : add media
1- ask you to insert a cd if none detected
2- propose a list of all video / audio files
3- select one of media file enable you to copy informations in a local file associated with a cd id

second script : launch a file
1- this script make browsable the multimedia entrys from the local file
2- enable you to select one of those file
3- tell you wich cd you have to insert
4- launch automatically correct file on insert.

maybe this script may seem not usefull as you can label your cd, but it could be more rich by the time, with more functionnalities...

try to do it if you can, maybe i will sometimes help you, but no time left for me to make it....

see ya
alexsolex

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Executing scripts in my videos0