Throw interlaced content to TV directly
Hi! i've been looking everywhere but couln't find an answer to this question that I have.

I have some 480i content that I play within XBMC. What I'd like to do is configure XBMC so that my HDTV receive a 480i signal instead of the standard 1080p signal. So instead of having XBMC deinterlace the video, I want the TV to take care of this deinterlacing.

I thought the the "Adjust refresh rate to match video" was the solution but I still get 1080p on my TV.

I hope you understand my question!
Thank you!
The trouble is that with XBMC your TV is behaving as a monitor so the signal it receives is coming from your PC video card. I'd be surprised if your video card could output at 640 x 480 interlaced.

I don't think XBMC can change resolution on the fly to match the video. In any case this strikes me as a dangerous thing to do. I've all sorts of old AVIs with odd sizes, and I'm pretty sure neither my video card nor the TV would support those resolutions.

JR
ok I see! Most certainly, it would be really problematic to code that.

No biggie then. As I am in the process of buying a new HTPC to replace my laptop, I'll just make sure the hardware is able to deinterlace correctly my "old" home videos! And also make sure my next camcorder to record in progressive mode.

Thanks! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Throw interlaced content to TV directly0