[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay (program) add-on
I'll try to hack in the IMDB support myself... I was trying to debug this thing today, and I think I finally got the idea of how python works Smile

Thanks again, and keep up the good work Smile
Thanks divingmule, the new update worked a treat for me

I have a question though, how easy would it be to edit the script to put a different RSS feed in from another site?

Also, do you have any idea how to add a 'stream' or 'play' function to the utorrent plugin like is in the utorrent application?

Thanks for your help
dlabz Wrote:I'll try to hack in the IMDB support myself... I was trying to debug this thing today, and I think I finally got the idea of how python works Smile

Thanks again, and keep up the good work Smile

Cool patches welcome.
jurm Wrote:I have a question though, how easy would it be to edit the script to put a different RSS feed in from another site?

May as well make another plugin for a diffrent site. Usually RSS feeds are easy.

jurm Wrote:Also, do you have any idea how to add a 'stream' or 'play' function to the utorrent plugin like is in the utorrent application

Nope, you might run it by the utorrent plugin author.
Hey guyz ,,i've been using the pirate bay plugin with no problems in dharma and aeon mq 3 ,,,suddenly it completely stopped working giving me the error script,,,i've updated to eden RC2 now and downloaded the latest one 0.1.3 for eden and it still doesnt work :-( any suggestions ??
It can't work anymore. Piratebay remove torrent files and only uses magnet links now, which means the plugin has no file to download. It would need a decent amount of work to get it to handle magnets.
(2012-03-14, 02:25)Vaikin Wrote: It can't work anymore. Piratebay remove torrent files and only uses magnet links now, which means the plugin has no file to download. It would need a decent amount of work to get it to handle magnets.

I don't know what the hell I'm going but if you are using transmission you can use this patch
http://pastebin.com/7Kb6Xjiq

you have to edit the line
tc = transmissionrpc.Client('127.0.0.1', '9091', 'transmission', 'transmission')
it is transmissionrpc.Client(server, port, username, passwd)

I also installed transmissionrpc system wide because is wasn't working when I put it in the resources/lib folder

$ sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
$ sudo easy_install transmissionrpc

If I have time, I'll figure out how to fix it right but it works for me so it might be a while. Smile or maybe someone smarter or with more time can do it.
(2012-03-31, 00:50)wipmonkey Wrote:
(2012-03-14, 02:25)Vaikin Wrote: It can't work anymore. Piratebay remove torrent files and only uses magnet links now, which means the plugin has no file to download. It would need a decent amount of work to get it to handle magnets.

I don't know what the hell I'm going but if you are using transmission you can use this patch

tc = transmissionrpc.Client('127.0.0.1', '9091', 'transmission', 'transmission')

I also installed transmissionrpc system wide because is wasn't working when I put it in the resources/lib folder

If I have time, I'll figure out how to fix it right but it works for me so it might be a while. Smile or maybe someone smarter or with more time can do it.

I have the latest version of the piratebay plugin and also installed transmissionrpc. When I apply the patch I get the following errors:

patching file default.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 6.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 86.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 116.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 237.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file default.py.rej

Any ideas?
(2012-04-07, 09:45)avanderbergh Wrote:
(2012-03-31, 00:50)wipmonkey Wrote:

I have the latest version of the piratebay plugin and also installed transmissionrpc. When I apply the patch I get the following errors:

patching file default.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 6.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 86.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 116.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 237.
4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file default.py.rej

Any ideas?

Thats my bad I'm new to patches. try this one

http://pastebin.com/YLK5bxEn

When you run the plugin and grab a torrent it will say there is a plugin error but if you check transmission is should be grabbing it.
Anyone know how to fix this on ATV2, keep getting script error, thanks all

http://pastebin.com/qikSMBkz
Hey Guys,

I really wanted this functionality for myself so I took the plugin and played with it. I hitched my wagon to uTorrent so this version of the plugin relies on having a working uTorrent webui. It allows you to select any torrent and then adds it to uTorrent via the webui. I made a Google code project for it, it can be found here:

https://code.google.com/p/piratebayxbmc/
I am getting a "Dependencies Not Met" error when trying to install this on the latest Gotham build.

Are there any plans to update this plugin to be compatible? Right now it's the only thing holding me back from updating my XBMC Smile
Why won't the new pirate bay links work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Pirate Bay (program) add-on0