Amazed by Plex music fanart
Just saw my friend add a few albums to his music library in Plex. When he then browsed music there was background fan art and posters for each added attest that did not come with the albums.

I've been trying to manually add fan art to my music step by step, but it seems as if plex has a working scraper of some kind, can it be modified to xbmc somehow?
kees667 Wrote:Just saw my friend add a few albums to his music library in Plex. When he then browsed music there was background fan art and posters for each added attest that did not come with the albums.

I've been trying to manually add fan art to my music step by step, but it seems as if plex has a working scraper of some kind, can it be modified to xbmc somehow?

Have you tried the scrapers in xbmc? I just had the misfortune of having to rebuild my library and let xbmc do it all for me, thumbs and fanart are all good.
-stoli-
XBMC will detect and pull down fanart and album/artist art with the default scrapers, yes.

I personally suggest doing this AFTER you've scanned your music in (i.e. scan with the scrapers disabled first, then just "get information for all artists/albums" from the context menu in library). Reason is that this ensures you get your tag data in correctly, plus it's far quicker for the initial scan.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks, I found it.

Weird thing is that for videos and movies you can scrape when in file mode.

I usually play music in file mode as well as I have structured my folders in a way I like. With music I can only add to library in fileview. Found out through your hint that you need to be in library mode to scrape, thx! never found it!

I know have nice fanart in library mode. Is there any way (tool?) to scrape and save the fanart in the music folders, so I can also see it in file mode?
Settings->Music->Export Library to single files.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Thanks again! Worked perfectly!
When I export my music library I went in and checked an nfo file in a folder. It's completely the wrong artist and text.
The scrolling artist text in xbmc is fine - but the text it has written to the folders is wrong. I assume the issue is caused by compilation albums. i.e. my music is organised by artist - album - except if it's a compilation album it's just the album in a folder of the album name. I assume it doesn't know where to put the nfo file of the artist for a compilation album - so it just puts it in an almost random folder.
sjw1 Wrote:When I export my music library I went in and checked an nfo file in a folder. It's completely the wrong artist and text.
The scrolling artist text in xbmc is fine - but the text it has written to the folders is wrong. I assume the issue is caused by compilation albums. i.e. my music is organised by artist - album - except if it's a compilation album it's just the album in a folder of the album name. I assume it doesn't know where to put the nfo file of the artist for a compilation album - so it just puts it in an almost random folder.

I had the same problem even for artists not in compilations except in my case the scrolling artist text in xbmc was wrong too! So for whatever reason when I exported into individual files, xbmc placed the wrong nfo file with the wrong artist. I had to re-export with file overwrite on.
And re-exporting fixed it?
If so, how could it have been wrong in the first place?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazed by Plex music fanart0