***HD Audio Bitstreaming with DSPlayer - Newbie - Please Help***
liquidskin76 Wrote:The same has been discussed with 1080 v 720 vid resolution. Can you see a difference...
Can you? buggered if I can? Laugh
steelman1991 Wrote:Can you? buggered if I can? Laugh

Don't know yet! All my BD backups are 1080p however my TV's only 720p. Hopefully a 1080p set is coming soon. Wink
jdawg0528 - it doesn't appear anyone has answered your question about making DSPlayer work with ffdshow for HD bitstreaming. I have it working and here's a summary of what I did.

1. Download and install DSPlayer version of XBMC. I'm at work so I can't tell which version I have.
2. Download and install ffdshow. I too followed the mediasmartserver.net article - all of the settings work per the article. Be sure to uninstall the 64 bit version of ffdshow and install a 32 bit version. XBMC is 32 bit. Mixing the bits on these apps can cause problems.
3. Search for "MPC Standalone Filters" and download the lastest - should be something made within the last month. Again, use 32 bit versions. Extract the files and copy them into XBMC DSPlayer folder - the folder containing the same files. DSPlayer comes with an older version of MPC which doesn't necessarily work. You will also need to register the splitter and video codec.
4. Edit XBMC's mediaconfig and filter config files to use the MPC and ffdshow codecs.

If needed, I can put together a guide with specific details - but it will take a few days. Hope this helps.
@Spectre, every double blind test I've ever heard of says that it is impossible to tell the difference between a properly configured DTS core track and a master track. I occasionally dig pretty deep into the AVS forum, and every time I do, I hear the same thing.

"All double blind tests show that there is no difference."

"Oh yeah!? But I hear a difference!"

"Well, have you properly configured your system, and then have you run a double blind test?"

"No. You're a stupid head."

The DTS people have said that a 1,509 bit DTS stream is completely transparent as far as the human ear can perceive. The only reason they sell DTS-HD is because people love buying snake oil. The only possible way that you or your girlfriend would be able to tell the difference (once again, on properly configured equipment) is if you had dog ears.

@STEELMAN, I always enjoy this discussion. It invariably amazes me what we all assume we can see and hear, regardless of whether we actually can.
Does the lpcm TrueHD implementation support 7.1?
I think this article sums it up best .....Dolby TrueHD Compared
That article nearly sums it up. It's still missing a double blind DTS comparison, which is honestly the only one I care about.
phunqe Wrote:Does the lpcm TrueHD implementation support 7.1?

Yeah, from the HDMI wiki:
Quote:HDMI supports up to 8 channels of uncompressed audio at sample sizes of 16-bit, 20-bit, and 24-bit, with sample rates of 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, and 192 kHz.

TrueHD and DTS-MA are just lossless (Think zip or flac) implementations of the original LPCM signals. The only benefit is that the audio stream doesn't have to take up so much space on the Blu-Ray disc and that space could be better used up by increasing the bitrate on the Video side of things.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Darth B Wrote:jdawg0528 - it doesn't appear anyone has answered your question about making DSPlayer work with ffdshow for HD bitstreaming. I have it working and here's a summary of what I did.

1. Download and install DSPlayer version of XBMC. I'm at work so I can't tell which version I have.
2. Download and install ffdshow. I too followed the mediasmartserver.net article - all of the settings work per the article. Be sure to uninstall the 64 bit version of ffdshow and install a 32 bit version. XBMC is 32 bit. Mixing the bits on these apps can cause problems.
3. Search for "MPC Standalone Filters" and download the lastest - should be something made within the last month. Again, use 32 bit versions. Extract the files and copy them into XBMC DSPlayer folder - the folder containing the same files. DSPlayer comes with an older version of MPC which doesn't necessarily work. You will also need to register the splitter and video codec.
4. Edit XBMC's mediaconfig and filter config files to use the MPC and ffdshow codecs.

If needed, I can put together a guide with specific details - but it will take a few days. Hope this helps.

Thanks man. When I tried setting it up, I did do steps 1 -3 (even 32-bit ffdshow). I didn't do anything for step 4 as it seemed like they were already configured to use the ffdshow codecs for m2ts files (which are the only files I have that contain HD audio). If I have time today, I'll give it another shot.
just a heads up in case anyone is having the same issue and is wondering what the resolution was ... i was unable to get this to work. instead i'm using mpc as an external player for my m2ts files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
***HD Audio Bitstreaming with DSPlayer - Newbie - Please Help***0