• 15(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
The goals of HD-Trailer.Net downloader are pretty simple. Give the HD-Trailers.Net RSS feed or any of the special HD-Trailers.Net web pages (it also supports TrailerFreaks) it downloads any trailers that have not been downloaded before.

I use it to jeep a folder with trailers current for use with Home Cinema Experience. That way I never have to worry about streaming the trailers as needed. the eliminates the "buffering" message that ruins the experience.

Take Care
I just downloaded the new version hoping that the mpaa ratings would work, but every trailer it downloads has a mpaa rating of "G". I checked about 5 of the movies on IMDB and they have the correct rating on IMDB. Any thoughts?
(2013-08-26, 16:59)spencerthomass Wrote: I just downloaded the new version hoping that the mpaa ratings would work, but every trailer it downloads has a mpaa rating of "G". I checked about 5 of the movies on IMDB and they have the correct rating on IMDB. Any thoughts?

Could you give me some examples? Also could you paste your ini file to pastebin.com?

Take Care
(2013-08-25, 22:57)ijourneaux Wrote: The goals of HD-Trailer.Net downloader are pretty simple. Give the HD-Trailers.Net RSS feed or any of the special HD-Trailers.Net web pages (it also supports TrailerFreaks) it downloads any trailers that have not been downloaded before.

I use it to jeep a folder with trailers current for use with Home Cinema Experience. That way I never have to worry about streaming the trailers as needed. the eliminates the "buffering" message that ruins the experience.

Take Care
Thanks for your reply. So basically it is a script that you can run (eg every day) to make sure you have all the trailers from hd-trailers.net a your hdd?

This home cinema experience thing sounds good. Will ask some questions there too

(2013-08-25, 22:57)ijourneaux Wrote: The goals of HD-Trailer.Net downloader are pretty simple. Give the HD-Trailers.Net RSS feed or any of the special HD-Trailers.Net web pages (it also supports TrailerFreaks) it downloads any trailers that have not been downloaded before.

Take Care
Thanks for your reply. So basically it is a script that you can run (eg every day) to make sure you have all the trailers from hd-trailers.net a your hdd?

This home cinema experience thing sounds good. Will ask some questions there too
Don't dream your life, live your dream
Hello ijourneaux,

I started using the latest version today. I have found a problem, and it is that for all the trailers the tool downloads, the nfo that gets created is for the movie "Monsters University". Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
Major BrainFreeze on that one. I was debugging and forgot to take the debug code out.
I have uploaded a new version.
(2013-08-27, 21:46)THX-UltraII Wrote: This home cinema experience thing sounds good. Will ask some questions there too

Home Cinema Experience is wonderful eye candy that creates a fabulous show if you have friends over for movie night. Giftie has done a great job with it.

(2013-08-28, 00:58)bsoriano Wrote: I started using the latest version today. I have found a problem, and it is that for all the trailers the tool downloads, the nfo that gets created is for the movie "Monsters University". Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Does the bug that spencerthomas commented on explain your problem?
thanks for your replies ijourneaux.

The problem is that I m still not sure how to use it and what I can do with it Sad

Is it so that I can use your program WITH the HD-Trailers.net plugin so that I will never have to wait for buffering (and downloading) my trailers from within the plugin? If so, HOW do I exactly do this? In the plugin I only want to be able to watch 1080p trailers from LATEST, MOST WACHTED, TOP10, OPENING and COMMING SOON.

But how do I need to 'config' your program and will it work what I want described above?
First off, HD-Trailers.Net Downloader is a Windows only application. and it is not an XBMC plugin. When you install HD-Trailers.Net Downloader, it in installed the program and a config file that are accessible from start menu. By default when you run HD-Trailers.net Downlaoder, it is configured to read the HD-Trailers.net RSS feed and download trailers to the Videos\HD-Trailers.Net Folder on your computer. The config file allows you to speify many different options such as which trailer feed you want to use, how many version of a trailer you want to download, download folder, etc etc.

To use the trailers within Home Cinema Experience, you just configure HCE to point to the folder where you have downloaded the trailers.
I suppose you could also add the trailers folder as a video folder within XMBC. and watch the trailers that way.

Take Care.
Ian
I don t have any config options in my start menu......

(2013-09-01, 12:17)THX-UltraII Wrote: I don t have any config options in my start menu......

On my WinServer2008 I also don't have the config file link in Startmenu (like you). I found it in the user Appdata directory, i.e on my machine:

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\HD-Trailers.Net Downloader

Appdata is a hidden folder and you have to make protected folder visible in folder settings of windows to navigate/see that folder. Maybe that helps Smile

Btw the tool works fine and as expected - Now I will configure Cinema Addon to look up the HD-Trailer Downloader directory, nice work!
I checked my setup scipt and for some reason, the link to the config file is no longer there. I will fix it in the next release.
ijourneaux,

I am seeing again the issue of the wrong NFO for the trailers. Now it is not the same NFO for all trailers, but NFO for the wrong movie for most trailers. As examples, the trailer for the movie "1" has the NFO for the movie "No", the trailer for the movie "Pulling Strings" has the NFO for the movie "The Sweeney". Has something changed in how you scrape this information? I am using the latest version of your software. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2013-09-23, 17:41)bsoriano Wrote: ijourneaux,

I am seeing again the issue of the wrong NFO for the trailers. Now it is not the same NFO for all trailers, but NFO for the wrong movie for most trailers. As examples, the trailer for the movie "1" has the NFO for the movie "No", the trailer for the movie "Pulling Strings" has the NFO for the movie "The Sweeney". Has something changed in how you scrape this information? I am using the latest version of your software. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

ijourneaux for SOOO long HD-Trailer Downloader was working perfectly. Only recently I updated to the latest and as bsoriano has pointed out its all wrong nfo's. ,
for me its not that much of an issue as I only need the MPAA rating to use the trailers with Cinema Experience but because of the wrong movie information its MPAA rating gets wrong as well.
Hope you will look into it.
I will see if i have any logs to upload
cheers
For some reason Google has started returning the wrong movie name. Bing seems to be better right now for some reason.

I am looking into it.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3