• 6(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
Unfortunately it has nothing to do with version 1.7. Yesterday, Google disabled script access to their "I feel lucky" feature. "I Feel Lucky" is used by HD-Trailers.Net Downloader to locate the correct movie on IMDB. THis usually produced better results than the search function on IMDB or just a straight Google search.

I have a new approach but won't be able to implement until late tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
ijourneaux Wrote:Unfortunately it has nothing to do with version 1.7. Yesterday, Google disabled script access to their "I feel lucky" feature. "I Feel Lucky" is used by HD-Trailers.Net Downloader to locate the correct movie on IMDB. THis usually produced better results than the search function on IMDB or just a straight Google search.

I have a new approach but won't be able to implement until late tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

No need to be sorry , this ain't your fault. at least its good to know that its not me thats just playing silly bugger and messing with things that I shouldn't mess with .
Thanks for your (forthcoming & ongoing ) support .
Great work! Thank you!
Just posted an update that deals with the fact that Google disable script access to its "I Feel Lucky" search.

THis is a new release that uses Bing to locate the IMDB listing for a movie instead of the "I Feel Lucky" feature on Google.

It seems to work well but you never know with this type of change. On the plus side, Bing did locate the correct IMDB listing for the Square Grouper trailer. Google couldn't do it.

Take Care
just tried 1.8 and it appears to be broken.

Immediately after installing 1.8, the infamous disappearing screen occurred due to my config file settings being overwritten again during installation. This is probably due to "g:\trailers" being set as the download location (which of course does not exist on my pc). I see a backup of the old config file was created though.

4/5/2011 9:45:41 PM - Creating TrailerDownloadFolder: g:\trailers
4/5/2011 9:45:41 PM - Unhandled Exception checking configuration Parameter. Application will close....
4/5/2011 9:45:42 PM - Exception: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'g:\trailers'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at HDTrailersNETDownloader.Program.CheckConfigParameter()

After fixing the config file, I then got a list of errors for every trailer and nothing downloaded.
No Download URL's found. Skipping...
Title not a trailer. Skipping...

Turns out, it was the feed listed in the config causing this problem.
it was listed as:
<add key="FeedAddress" value="http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Feed-For-Trailer-Freaks" />
instead of:
<add key="FeedAddress" value="http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/feed/" />
Actually... there are additional problems.

Now that the correct feed address is entered, your program downloads the first new trailer then immediately exits. I looked in the download folder and the file is there along with the image, but no .nfo file. It seems like whatever you changed is causing your app to crash and exit when it attempts to create the .nfo file.

4/5/2011 10:06:21 PM - Next trailer: Footprints (Theatrical Trailer)
4/5/2011 10:06:22 PM -
480p http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.d...=122583283
720p http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.d...=122583285
poster http://l.yimg.com/eb/ymv/us/img/hv/photo...poster.jpg

4/5/2011 10:06:22 PM - Extracted download url (720p): http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.d...=122583285
4/5/2011 10:06:22 PM - Local directory: x:\trailers\Footprints (Theatrical Trailer)
4/5/2011 10:06:22 PM - Filename : Footprints (Theatrical Trailer)_720p-trailer.mov
4/5/2011 10:10:12 PM - Grabbing poster...
4/5/2011 10:10:12 PM - Poster grab successful
4/5/2011 10:10:12 PM - Exclusion added
4/5/2011 10:10:12 PM - Footprints (Theatrical Trailer) (720p) : Downloaded
4/5/2011 10:10:12 PM - Unhandled Exception....
4/5/2011 10:10:12 PM - Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Sorry about that.

Several problems.
1. I was testing out a different rss feeds and got the wrong config in the install package.
2. The BING search is not working as well as expected

I deleted version 1.8. I ahve to dig into the issue with Bing a little more deeply.

Could you confirm that the config file is being overwritten? It is supposed to ask for confirmation before overwriting
I had to go back to using Google but without the "I Feel Lucky" option. After more testing, I uploaded a new Version 1.81
cant wait to try out v1.81
Hmmmmmmmmm i never got to a config screen ? i install, run and it closes. Or do i have to manually edit configs ?
-= My Media Centre =-
ACER Revo R3610 | x2 1.5TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drives (WD15EADS) | x2 2.0TB WD Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive ( WD15EARS ) | 3.5in Black eSATA USB Trayless SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure | Emprex 3009URF Wireless MCE Remote Control | XBMCLive Dharma Beta1
Yes you have to manually edit the config. The key lines to modify are where to download the trailers.

The config file is located in the HD-Trailer.Net Downloader folder is the users application data folder.
v1.81 working great ! good Work ijourneaux.
compcentral there is some problem with the launcher app now.. throwing some errors, will look at my settings and let you know
I just installed 1.81 and it did give me an option to overwrite the config. I chose No and all is well. App Launcher also seems to work just fine for me. Make sure you're not still using the ClickOnce settings.ini file. Here is what my App Launcher settings.ini file looks like (the empty line is needed):

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\HD-Trailers.NET Downloader\HD-Trailers.Net Downloader.exe"

This launches the HD-Trailers Downloader, allows it to run for up to 58 minutes (usually only runs for a few minutes, but this prevents accidentally have two or more instances of the downloader running at the same time), then launches it again every 60 minutes and repeats the process. This also runs the downloader hidden in the background.
To make using App Launcher a little easier, I'm going to build a quick settings form so you don't ever have to manually change the settings.ini file.
comp, found out that I had misspelled the settings.ini to setings.ini & hence the issue. Now its working fine.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3