• 2(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
I think I tried that when you place the reference in task scheduler, I beleive task scheduler substitues the file path to the executable.

I will try and confirm.
ever get a chance to try that out?
I am almost finished with a standard installer that will install a conventional executable to be scheduled. Should have it uploaded in the next few days.
@ijourneaux, after a bit of fiddling got it eventually working. one thing i have noted though is that it is downloading the poster in the original name but not downloading it as folder.jpg as this script was doing before ( or maybe its just that I haven't played with the settings .. will look into it again later today ).
@compcentral .... thank you for the App.. did manage to get it working with the downloader . just took a while to figure what & how to do the settings . There is an issue , initially the app was coming up with repeated instances within nearly 6 seconds untill i terminated it. then in the settings I changed in line 3 to 720( as in 12 hours ) and now it seems to be functioning correctly so far.

One last request, if you guys could tell me on how to get the command prompt window (which opens with the downloader ) to start minimised in the background .
Thanks for all the hard work...
I will look at the poster filename and how to minimize the application when it start shortly.

With a standard install package, the executable will be in the program files directory with an uninstaller and the .exe file will be able to be scheduled like any other application.

CLickOnce is an interesting idea but doesn't work for this application.
Also The nfo's being generated are not getting the MPAA ratings and hence the CE script is failing to limit the trailers according to the MPAA ratings.
shaktoo Wrote:Also The nfo's being generated are not getting the MPAA ratings and hence the CE script is failing to limit the trailers according to the MPAA ratings.

Yeah, I noticed this one too. Any fix in the works? Thanks.
it actually looks like unreleased movies may not contain a MPAA rating on imdb. You may have to get them from another source.
compcentral Wrote:it actually looks like unreleased movies may not contain a MPAA rating on imdb. You may have to get them from another source.

That is the case. Many of the unreleased movies don't have MPAA ratings
that makes it a little harder to use with cinema experience. It would be nice if there were some way to "see" what the rating of the trailer was. It's too bad HD-trailers.net doesn;t list this.
compcentral Wrote:that makes it a little harder to use with cinema experience. It would be nice if there were some way to "see" what the rating of the trailer was. It's too bad HD-trailers.net doesn;t list this.

Unfortunately if IMDB doesn't have it. it don't know where else we coudl get it.
ijourneaux what about this site, it seems to have MPAA ratings & info for the trailers , would you be able to get the script grab the nfo / ratings from here ?
http://www.filmcrave.com/trailers_new.php
hmm seems for the trailers its a bit inconsistent( i.e MPAA rating= N/A ) but the movies coming soon have all the MPAA ratings .
Otherwise what manually add MPAA ratings to all downloaded trailers ?
shaktoo Wrote:ijourneaux what about this site, it seems to have MPAA ratings & info for the trailers , would you be able to get the script grab the nfo / ratings from here ?
http://www.filmcrave.com/trailers_new.php

It seems that the trailers there that have ratings are also listed on imdb.

I guess I will just have Cinema experience pick trailers based on genre and make sure my kids aren't in the room.
ijourneaux Wrote:Unfortunately if IMDB doesn't have it. it don't know where else we coudl get it.

I was hoping that something would at least be included in the "Parental Rating" metadata tag field. Right-click a .mov file and select Properties - Details - Content to see what I mean. Sadly, it doesn't seem like this field is used.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3