• 4(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
Okay, so finished downloading trailers. Only downloaded 12 of them. Is there any way to tell it to get more? Must only be pulling the newest ones?
foghat Wrote:Okay, so finished downloading trailers. Only downloaded 12 of them. Is there any way to tell it to get more? Must only be pulling the newest ones?
Dont you think 12 is a good number for a day ? Like How many Do you Wanna Watch ?Smile
^ has nothing to do about how many I'll watch in a day. Plus, I don't expect I will get another 12 tomorrow. I'm guessing it downloads based on some sort of trailer 'posted' date.

I am using this in conjunction with Cinema experience. With Cinema experience I can configure it to play trailers with only the same rating and/or genre of the movie I am about to watch. Also have it set to only play each trailer once.

Need the variety in rating and genres so that Cinema Experience works correctly. 12 movies is not enough. Of course it will get better as days progress, but it would be nice to be able to seed my trailer folder with more movies.
It pulls them from the RSS feed which is updated daily and only contains around 20 items. If I wasn't so busy, I'd add a scraper to this project to pull in as many trailers as you want (would probably only take me a day or two).... Hell, I'd even add a GUI interface to configure it and combine with my scheduling app... but right now I have to focus on my other projects.

I may still do this though if I had enough incentive to do it. Right now I'm coding Audio-Matic every spare moment I have.
woofeHeinge Wrote:Which often overnight dvd to dv convert convert dvd to mkv, Anyway i mostly submitted within work schedule using some terminology: "Lin Qiran dvd to ipod classic dvd audio ripper freeware, you wait
Our! We'll share with you dvd to samsung converter convert dvd to archos, I am not saying a lady not ever use the brain! "Then..............

By the way, what the hell is this. Someone delete this nonsense please.
compcentral Wrote:It pulls them from the RSS feed which is updated daily and only contains around 20 items. If I wasn't so busy, I'd add a scraper to this project to pull in as many trailers as you want (would probably only take me a day or two).... Hell, I'd even add a GUI interface to configure it and combine with my scheduling app... but right now I have to focus on my other projects.

I may still do this though if I had enough incentive to do it. Right now I'm coding Audio-Matic every spare moment I have.

Thanks for the info. I wish you well on your other projects.
compcentral Wrote:I just checked and the answer appears to be no. There really isn't much that can be done about it. I just let my app run all the time and I get the new trailers shortly after they are available on the RSS feed. To be able to grab more/other trailers, a scraper would need to be developed. I'm actually getting quite good at this, but my time is all tied up in Audio-Matic at the moment.

Thanks for the info. Any improvements would be awesome. I'm pretty happy with the way it works as it is, now that I've automated the renaming of the poster images (just a batch file that does a "copy *.jpg *.tbn" called at the end of the fetch). I had the same problem that Foghat had, I don't think the 1.5 installer is checking for the presence of .Net 4.
compcentral I am eagerly waiting for the audio-Matic too mate ! so best of luck & happy coding.
Thanks... I just spent most of the day optimizing my code to allow faster comparisons using regular expressions... my head hurts. I hate regex sometimes. LOL.
So, it looks like Cinema Experience will only read the .nfo if it is the exact same name as the trailer.

The names are the same by default, however once you set the tag to add -trailer to the trailer name, they no longer are the same, as the .nfo name does not get the -trailer added.

Would be nice to have the -trailer added to the nfo name if: key="XBMCFileNames" value="true"
foghat Wrote:So, it looks like Cinema Experience will only read the .nfo if it is the exact same name as the trailer.

The names are the same by default, however once you set the tag to add -trailer to the trailer name, they no longer are the same, as the .nfo name does not get the -trailer added.

Would be nice to have the -trailer added to the nfo name if: key="XBMCFileNames" value="true"

Agreed.
foghat Wrote:So, it looks like Cinema Experience will only read the .nfo if it is the exact same name as the trailer.

Will Do. Back in town after a weeks vacation should have it done later in the week.
foghat Wrote:I installed version 1.5. Was not using any previous versions. Edited the config file and tried running the exe. After a few seconds the command prompt disappears. The log file is linked below. I am getting an unhandled exception.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3007540/HD-Trail...loader.log

Any thoughts?

That is an odd one. Will look at it shortly. Could you post your config file?
compcentral Wrote:nevermind... apparently it wiped out my .config file on installation. After updating the settings it works fine.

I also updated my AppLauncher program to work better with this release. The download link and my original post has been updated with this revised version. The only major change was the ability to run the HD-trailers.net app hidden in the background if desired.

I will have to get the new installer to no overwrite an existing config file.
compcentral Wrote:nevermind... apparently it wiped out my .config file on installation. After updating the settings it works fine.

I also updated my AppLauncher program to work better with this release. The download link and my original post has been updated with this revised version. The only major change was the ability to run the HD-trailers.net app hidden in the background if desired.

I will have to get the new installer to not overwrite an existing config file.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3