• 9(current)
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version
Thank you for you updatesSmile
AFter getting things up and running just fine, I'm wondering if I'm not seeing something obvious...

What are you guys using the downloader for? I've ran it for the past couple of days, and I'm pulling in about 2-3gigs of trailers per day, but these are for movies that will be a long time before I actually have the movie, and I'm also getting tons of trailers for movies I'd never have an interest in. Are you just stockpiling the trailers away for the future and cherry picking what you want? Seems like a TON of wasted bandwidth if so.
Glave Wrote:AFter getting things up and running just fine, I'm wondering if I'm not seeing something obvious...

What are you guys using the downloader for? I've ran it for the past couple of days, and I'm pulling in about 2-3gigs of trailers per day, but these are for movies that will be a long time before I actually have the movie, and I'm also getting tons of trailers for movies I'd never have an interest in. Are you just stockpiling the trailers away for the future and cherry picking what you want? Seems like a TON of wasted bandwidth if so.

It was designed to be used with the Home Cinema Experience script. With that script, you can mimic the experiecne you would have at a theater.

ie. Trivia, followed by a Coming attractions intro, trailers, followed by one or more movies in a row.

You can also filter the trailers (for instance not download documentaries or only download action and drama)
ijourneaux the trailers nfo is supposed to be the same as the file name i.e "the island-trailer " and "the Island-trailer.nfo "... as the nfo is not created anymore with the same filename . this recently had caused CE not to work / play trailers. Now that i amended all the nfo's to have the same name as the file CE is back playing trailers normally.
Can you look into it. Meanwhile I can try and reinstall and redo the config again to see if that makes any difference
Reinstalled and fresh config but the nfo is still being created without the "-trailer" append.
where do deleted trailers go?

for some reason my config file was refreshed without my knowledge and my trailers from last month where deleted.
I am new to XML editing and need help with my HD-Trailers.Net Downloader.exe.config file. Can anyone send me a copy of their config file so I can copy it to mine? Thx in advance.
Here is mine

This include a new config flag, "ConsiderTheatricalandNumberedTrailersasIdentical" that for the purposes of Exculsions only Teaser Trailer and one Trailer (named Trailer, Theatrical Traler Trailer No. 1, Trailer 1, Trailer No. 2, etc) will be downloaded. This requies the latest version of HD-Trailer.net Downloader. There is also a bug fix to correctly add the -trailer to the .nfo file.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <!--Set in order of preference. If doesn't exist, will skip. Ex: "720p,1080p,480p"-->
    <add key="QualityPreference" value="1080p,720p,480p" />

<!--Set url parts to skip. Comma delimited. Ex: "Apple.com,IGN.com"-->
    <add key="SitesToSkip" value=""/>

<!--Where do you want the trailers downloaded to?-->
    <add key="TrailerDownloadFolder" value="g:\trailers\" />
    <!--Where do you want the metadata downloaded to? Almost always will want it set same as TrailerDownloadFolder-->
    <!--I do some processing of my trailers and then move them afterwards to the metadata folder(s)-->
    <add key="MetadataDownloadFolder" value="g:\trailers" />
    <!--Setting this to true will create a folder for each trailer off the TrailerDownloadFolder and MetadataDownloadFolder-->
    <add key="CreateFolder" value="true" />
    <!--Set to True to download available posters-->
    <add key="GrabPoster" value="true" />
    <!--Set to True to save files with XBMC -trailer appended-->
    <add key="XBMCFileNames" value="true" />
    <!--Set to True to create an XBMC style movie Nfo file. This is accomplished by doing a lookup on IMDB-->
    <add key="CreateXBMCNfoFile" value="true" />
    <!-- if IMDB does not have the IMDB rating using this rating instead PG, PG13, R, etc-->
    <add key="IfIMDBMissingMPAARatingUse" value="PG_13" />
    <!--Delete files/Directories older than X days. Set to 0 to disable and keep all-->
    <add key="KeepFor" value="30" />
    <!--only interested in trailers, not in special features or inside looks-->
    <add key="TrailersOnly" value = "true"/>
    <!--only interested in trailers, strictly "Trailers" - No longer Used"-->
    <add key="StrictTrailersOnly" value = "true"/>
    <!--For Exclusions, consider Trailers and Theatrical Trailers identical-->
    <add key="TrailersIdenticaltoTheatricalTrailers" value = "true"/>
    <!--skip Theatrical Trailers -->
    <add key="SkipTheatricalTrailers" value = "false"/>
    <!--Consider Theatrical and Numbered Trailers as Identical -->
    <add key="ConsiderTheatricalandNumberedTrailersasIdentical" value = "true"/>
    <!--skip Teaser Trailers -->
    <add key="SkipTeaserTrailers" value = "false"/>
    <!--only download trailers for specific movie Genres (all, drama, comedy, action, etc) use all for all Genres-->
    <add key="IncludedGenres" value="all" />
    <!--exclude trailers for specific movie Genres (all, drama, comedy, action, etc) use none to not exclude anything-->
    <add key="ExcludeGenres" value="None" />
    <!-- define minimum file size (in bytes), avoid content from sites not willing to stream to unknown clients -->
    <add key="MinTrailerSize" value = "100000"/>
    <!--Set to True to add successful downloads to exclusions file and to prevent re-downloading any found in the file-->
    <add key="UseExclusions" value="true" />
    <!--prepends download date to directory or filename of the downloaded trailer-->
    <add key="AddDates" value="true" />
    <!--appends trailer Quality to filename of the downloaded trailer-->
    <add key="AppendTrailerQuality" value="false" />
    <!--the useragent identifier can be set according to the download site. a comma delimited listed of identifier for the download site -->
    <!--has to be matched with a comma delimited list of possible useragent strings -->
    <!-- for example key="UserAgentIds" value="server1.com,server2.com,server3.net" -->
    <add key="UserAgentIds" value="apple.com" />
    <!-- and the definition key="UserAgentStrings" value="agent1,agent2,agent3"-->
    <!-- will supply the useragent 'agent2' while trying to access anything on http://...server2.com.... -->
    <add key="UserAgentStrings" value="QuickTime/7.6.2" />

<!-- Address of the RSS feed to consume -->
    <!--add key="FeedAddress" value="http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/feed/" /-->
    <add key="FeedAddress" value="http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/feed/" />

<!--Turn this on only if you want to double-click the .exe for some reason to prevent output from... -->
    <!--disappearing before you can read it.-->
    <add key="PauseWhenDone" value="false" />

<!-- LOGGING OPTIONS -->
    <!--Setting this to true will significantly increase the logging/output for debugging-->
    <add key="VerboseLogging" value="true" />
    <!--Write log to physical file. HD-Trailers.NET Downloader.log-->
    <add key="PhysicalLog" value="true" />

<!-- EMAIL INFORMATION OPTIONS -->
    <!--Want to receive a report of each time the tool runs? Set to True and be sure to fill out the address and server info-->
    <add key="EmailSummary" value="false" />
    <add key="EmailAddress" value="[email protected]" />
    <add key="SMTPServer" value="your.smtp.server.net" />
    <add key="EmailReturnAddress" value="[email protected]" />
    <add key="EmailReturnDisplayName" value="HD-Trailer.NET Downloader" />

<!-- Post execution EXE-->
    <!-- Enable and configure to run an executable at the conclusion. Potentially to fire off notification to something like Growl as in example-->
    <!-- %N = # of new videos downloaded this run -->

<add key="RunEXE" value="false" />
    <add key="RunOnlyWhenNewTrailers" value="true"/>
    <add key="Executable" value="D:\Tools Storage\growlnotify\growlnotify.com" />
    <add key="EXEArguements" value="/p:1 &quot;%N New Trailers Downloaded&quot;" />

</appSettings>
</configuration>
shaktoo Wrote:Reinstalled and fresh config but the nfo is still being created without the "-trailer" append.

Sorry it took so long to get it fixed. Missed your message. Now fixed.
johnmerrick Wrote:where do deleted trailers go?

for some reason my config file was refreshed without my knowledge and my trailers from last month where deleted.

Unfortunately HD-Trailer.Net Downloader just deletes them after they have reached the expiration time set in the config file. Moving them to the recycle bin would be a good option to have. Will implement when I get a chance.

HD-Trailer.Net Downloader will prompt you for confirmation before overwriting the config file if one already exists.
Thanks ijournaeux for the update , working perfectly.
Just letting everyone know that there is a new version of HD-Trailer.Net Downloader available that uses a new web page parser developedb by matsul. As a test bed, the alpha version 1.91 is set up to use TrailerFreaks as a source.

I have to come up with a way to switch parsers based on the feed that is selected but haven't got that setup yet.

A couple of other minor changes: The config file is backed up you asked the setup file to overwrite the config file. When cleaning up old trailers (if number of days is specified) movies are moved to the recycle bin.

The new parser makes it relatively easy to create new parsers, for instance, foreign language trailer sites.

What other features would people like to see?

Update: Just created a version of HD-Trailers.Net DOwnloader that can use the HD-Trailers.net RSS feed, most of the HD-Trailers.net webpages, the TrailerFreaks.Net RSS feed and the MovieMaze geman language trailer site. The possible urls are listed in the config file.
hi. is it possible to download from apple trailer site only?
ijourneaux , thanks for the update. Had been away on Holidays and am back now so will update and see.
publicENEMY Wrote:hi. is it possible to download from apple trailer site only?

It looks like both HD-Trailers.Net and TrailerFreaks are only using Yahoo (at least recently).
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD-Trailers.Net Downloader - New Version3