How do I start using NFOs? Can I export my current library 1st?
I'm unable to find information about how to start using NFOs.

1. Can I export my current library into .nfos or do I need to start from scratch?

2. How can I disable scrapers and use .nfos instead.

3. After modifying/adding .nfos (manually or by tool), how can I make XBMC automatically update using them? I've looked for settings. But all I can find is info about how to use scrapers.
markiz Wrote:I'm unable to find information about how to start using NFOs.

1. Can I export my current library into .nfos or do I need to start from scratch?

2. How can I disable scrapers and use .nfos instead.

3. After modifying/adding .nfos (manually or by tool), how can I make XBMC automatically update using them? I've looked for settings. But all I can find is info about how to use scrapers.

1. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Export_Library

2. You leave the scrapers on, if xbmc sees nfos, it uses nfos.

3. You might have to rescan your library.
Remove or disable the source, and when it asks if you want to remove these items from the library as well, say yes. Then add them back. That's the sure-fire way.

I am sure this has been answered before.
markiz Wrote:3. After modifying/adding .nfos (manually or by tool), how can I make XBMC automatically update using them? I've looked for settings. But all I can find is info about how to use scrapers.

xbmc will scrape prioritizing an nfo file over the assigned scraper, BUT this will only happen when xbmc is scraping the movie. So if your movie is already in the library and you have made an nfo file for it and you want to use that, you have to refresh the movie info. One way you can refresh all the movies for a source is go to scraper settings, set it to none, hit ok (it will then ask to remove all items in that source from the library), then set it back and it'll ask you if you want to refresh all items for that source.
Be aware, that NFO handling in XBMC is limited. Fanarts provided in nfos will be overwritten by scrapers.
thica Wrote:Be aware, that NFO handling in XBMC is limited. Fanarts provided in nfos will be overwritten by scrapers.

But fanarts saved in the same folder with the right name won't be.
I've now exported my library as .nfos. What are my alternatives now? I'd like a program where I can modify the information. I'm running OSX and VMWare with Windows XP. So basically any program will do :-)

I've already tried installing Ember. But that didn't work. I've got an error message upon installing running EmberSetup.exe. What other programs do you recommend? Scrapers are not important, since I only want to modify the data myself. But I dont want to use notepad/texteditor :-)
markiz Wrote:I've now exported my library as .nfos. What are my alternatives now? I'd like a program where I can modify the information. I'm running OSX and VMWare with Windows XP. So basically any program will do :-)

I've already tried installing Ember. But that didn't work. I've got an error message upon installing running EmberSetup.exe. What other programs do you recommend? Scrapers are not important, since I only want to modify the data myself. But I dont want to use notepad/texteditor :-)

Ember Media Manager Revisited is the best one I've used try it
I use Media Companion, it has a slight learning curve but once you've done that then it's incredibly powerful.
You can try XMM, it will import NFO when it scans your folder and has an edit panel where you can quickly edit the nfo and then hit save. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85696

I do advice that you first test one or two movies/nfos, export 'em from xmm and import them back into xbmc to make sure it does what you wanted before letting xmm loose on your whole collection.

plyoung.com - my personal site where I blog about the projects I work on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I start using NFOs? Can I export my current library 1st?0