Crashing on exiting
Hi there!

First of all, I got my first correct XBMC-HTPC running, this system is simply awesome!

But I still have one problem!

Always when I'm exiting my XBMC the screen goes black. That was it. I can only kill the xbmc.bin process and restart the gdm. After that my 3D performance is very poor, so I have to reboot.

I tried so many things I found through google:
- Switched sync to display off
- disabled rss-editor
- switched to software-rendering

Nothing helped...

I'm really helpless now. Perhaps you might help my out of my misery Wink

My sysspecs:
Ubuntu 10.10 x64
fglrx current version (catalyst 11.2)

My errorlog sais nothing really helpful...

(How can I add attatchments here?!? - The log as itself is too long...)

Thanks a lot!
psuch Wrote:Hi there!

First of all, I got my first correct XBMC-HTPC running, this system is simply awesome!

But I still have one problem!

Always when I'm exiting my XBMC the screen goes black. That was it. I can only kill the xbmc.bin process and restart the gdm. After that my 3D performance is very poor, so I have to reboot.

I tried so many things I found through google:
- Switched sync to display off
- disabled rss-editor
- switched to software-rendering

Nothing helped...

I'm really helpless now. Perhaps you might help my out of my misery Wink

My sysspecs:
Ubuntu 10.10 x64
fglrx current version (catalyst 11.2)

My errorlog sais nothing really helpful...

(How can I add attatchments here?!? - The log as itself is too long...)

Thanks a lot!

I'm just curious--do you use trakt? Particularly, does it run on start up?
hi psuch,

i am also having a similar problem (although its on a different system) and JR from the developers has been kind enough to help me through the process.

Please check out our thread as well if you haven't already.

On another note, when you say you disable Rss editor, did you do it from the add-on screen? Or did you do it from the system->Appearance settings?

When I do it from the latter, then Rss is truly terminated and my problem goes away.
branlr Wrote:I'm just curious--do you use trakt? Particularly, does it run on start up?

Nope Smile There is no trakt running.

defender013 Wrote:On another note, when you say you disable Rss editor, did you do it from the add-on screen? Or did you do it from the system->Appearance settings?

First of all I disabled the addon and kicked then the settings system->Appearance out. RSS is really disabled. I hope so at least...

Thanks, I'll follow your thread Smile

Greetings!

EDIT:
OK, now I found out something really strange...
When I enable the debugging log in the settings, XBMC quits every time correctly. After I disabled it again, there error returns (nearly) immediately...
hi psuch,

yeah it sounds like it could be some different threading problem...
that happened to me at some point as well.

JR pointed out that by extra logging, you may have changed the timing between threads and thus decreased the chance of a lock-up.

JR has found the problem in my case, but perhaps it is manifesting in a different form in your setup.. maybe wait for his fix to get into the next maintenance release?
Hi!

Yeah, as JR replied in your post, the problem you had was some kind of error with or within the direct x api. And of course there is no api in linux.

He suggested me to use one of the nightly builds, that was released after the last weekend. Perhaps I am able to try it tonight, but I think, I'll have to wait a few days until I've got time... To much work No

But I'll let you know Smile

Greets!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashing on exiting0