problem with Tri-panel view.
When I first started out with Xperience I had this tri-pahel view which I liked. But then I started playing around with setting and now I cannot find the setting for the tri-panel view.

Please tell me how to revert to this view?

PS: I am able to see tri-panels but have to use Library view. Since this puts all my folders into one big list so I cannot use this look. How to do it in the folder look?
Tri-Panel is only available in library mode... why not using it?
`Black Wrote:Tri-Panel is only available in library mode... why not using it?

Because then all mij x-hundreds of files are 1 long list. I have taken the time to organize my movies in folders and subfolders and want to keep using that.
But the library view has scanned all your media for info and can show it by many different criterias, that's basically the whole point of using xbmc.
I know, I know.

But there are too many advantages to using the 'non library' view. Especially for children it is much easier to surf to (example) 'Children movies' of my wife to 'new Movies' than having to set the criteria.

Besides the criteria of Xbmc are not the same as I would. If I think something is SF then I put it there and do not care into what criteria Xbmc places it.

Besides all that: why does everybody defend 'library' view? Xbmc know 2 types of view and I happen to like the other and I absolutely see no reason why that view is not able to show the wanted information since it has no problems showing covers.

I think it is more a limitation of the skins.
Because you almost have no information to the movies / tvshows in file view, you have to load the cover & fanart from the folder (slower), you can't browse by genre, years, actors, new movies, favourite movies, link movies with tv shows, resume the movie if you've watched it half, no watched / unwatched flags... I think I still forgot some things but there are so many advantages of using the library mode. And you can easily create playlists so you have children movies etc. Wink
`Black Wrote:Because you almost have no information to the movies / tvshows in file view, you have to load the cover & fanart from the folder (slower), you can't browse by genre, years, actors, new movies, favourite movies, link movies with tv shows, resume the movie if you've watched it half, no watched / unwatched flags... I think I still forgot some things but there are so many advantages of using the library mode. And you can easily create playlists so you have children movies etc. Wink

Like you I can give myriads of advantages for File Mode. I won't because I have no reason to convince you. Trying to convince me is also just as useles.

I found out that Sapphire (add-on to front Row) has no problems showing movie information in File Mode. Xbmc looks nicer why cannot Xbmc do something that a smal add-on does?
You'll be able to show movie information in file mode with Eden (XBMC 11.0). Library & file mode will be merged there, so it's possible to show the informations if the file is also in the library. So you have to scan all your files but can browse through your folder structure.

If you want to try the Tri-Panel view in the current version in file mode, you have to change line 4 in MyVideo.xml to <views>50,52</views> and change the visible condition right below <control type="list" id="52"> to <visible>Container.Content(Movies) | Window.IsActive(videofiles)</visible> in Viewtype_Tri Panel.xml.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problem with Tri-panel view.0